Edge tremolo

I'm planning on smacking an edge in my warmoth when I get it :) I need to know just in case I need to get one of my friends to do the routing. But, now it looks like I can still use warmoth. :icon_biggrin:

coolio  :icon_biggrin:  Ive considered using the edge too, mostly just to find out what the hype is all about those things. But its mostly the hefty price tag thats weighing me down ( $300  :tard: )  how'd you get yourself one of 'em?

That's the thing: I don't have one yet.  :sad1: But, I do want one for the same reason you want one. I mean the hype has to have something behind it, right?

Anyway, to actually get it I plan on doing lots of ebay and jemsite. Occasionally, they sell used ones there. It really shouldn't be hard to get one if you look hard enough. Here's an example right here

WAY too much for a used Edge. Spend the extra $25 and get a Floyd, you'll be glad you did.
The Edges aren't bad, but they are just licensed FR copies, anyway.

ildar said:
WAY too much for a used Edge. Spend the extra $25 and get a Floyd, you'll be glad you did.
The Edges aren't bad, but they are just licensed FR copies, anyway.

Most shredders I know agree that you simply can't beat an original FR

I have used both. Edge tremolos are far better than original FR IMHO. Edges are more agile, more sensitive, more responsive, finer instruments. Dont get me wrong. FR does the job just fine. But Edge inspires you to use it. My humble opinion always...

mscmkr said:
I have used both. Edge tremolos are far better than original FR IMHO. Edges are more agile, more sensitive, more responsive, finer instruments. Dont get me wrong. FR does the job just fine. But Edge inspires you to use it. My humble opinion always...

This is what I hear quite frequently. Of course I will more than likely get the original FL in the beginning and buy the EDGE later, to compare the two.

I have guitars with the OFR, the Edge Pro, and the Schaller.  I like all equally well, but they all excel at different things.

DocNrock said:
I have guitars with the OFR, the Edge Pro, and the Schaller.  I like all equally well, but they all excel at different things.

Care to expand that a little more?

I'm by no means a pro guitarist, but these are my observations:

The Edge Pro excels at pull ups and at getting that cat's "meeeoowww" by flicking the trem lever.

The OFR is easier to do dive bombs with, although it can be done with the Edge Pro, as well.

The Schaller does what the OFR does, but it's a bit warmer sounding.  A good consideration in a really bright guitar (ie., standard Strat with single coils).

Back