ebay WGD

DocNrock

Master Member
Picked up a finished WGD body from ebay a while ago and it took me a while to come up with a plan for it.  It is black korina (and it is very heavy).  Anyway, after some time, I have a plan.  I added the trem, pups and hardware.  The neck should have entered production today. 

wgdfront.jpg

wgdback.jpg

Hmmm, X2N in the bridge, Megadrive in the middle, and room for another pot and switch, as well as a battery box... what to put in the neck slot???...

missing.jpg

Now just 8 to 10 weeks for a wenge neck with a macassar ebony fingerboard to arrive.

:rock-on:

That's one of the coolest bodies I've seen so far on this forum. Can't wait to see (and hear!) this thing when it's finished!

I don't care for the WGD style, but man is that a pretty piece of lumber!

Brilliant build, I'm a big fan.  I think this might be my second-favorite Warmoth ever, so far... (after willyk's bubinga-topped strat, of course)  Looking forward to the finished product.

:party07: :party07: :party07:

DocNrock said:
Picked up a finished WGD body from ebay a while ago and it took me a while to come up with a plan for it.  It is black korina (and it is very heavy).  Anyway, after some time, I have a plan.  I added the trem, pups and hardware.  The neck should have entered production today. 

Hmmm, X2N in the bridge, Megadrive in the middle, and room for another pot and switch, as well as a battery box... what to put in the neck slot???...

Wow-- that is one nice piece of korina.  Very 'spalty'.  Gotta love that spalted look!

I was ogling that wood back on the 'bay. Only thing I'd do differently is one of those new duncan P-rails in the middle.

If it were me I'd have a Lawrence L-500 in the bridge, a SD Seth Lover in the middle, and a SD '59 in the neck.  But I'm glad it's not me because yours is way more interesting and unique!  :)

Very nice Brent, what kinda wood is being turned into sawdust to make the neck.... :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
Very nice Brent, what kinda wood is being turned into sawdust to make the neck.... :toothy10:

That would be wenge...with a macassar ebony fingerboard.

Lucky #7 said:
See, now aren't you glad I posted the link to that auction? :headbang1:

No!  You made me spend more money, dammit!   :toothy12:

Actually, this body has got me thinking outside the box.  Glad you posted it.  :glasses9:

Some red dye or a tobacco burst would do nicely, I think. :sign13:

Only because I'm not a fan of plain wood if it's light. I'm fine with darker woods, though. :-\

I saw a clear coat on it. I guess if it's poly, it wouldn't be worth sanding the finish off.

-Max

So what the heck does WGD stand for??

I'll admit that I've never liked that body style at all in the past, but seeing that gorgeous wood on that one really has me jonesing for a bass version of it.  It has totally changed my opinion of the style.

JBD

Back