dyed blue washed strat complete tonight

jrybicki

here it is, nut cut lower, new emerald lace pickup. all tweaked and plays very true.
showcase body and neck, lace pickups, usa trem, scaller locking with mini keys, q-parts abalone knobs, warmoth blue shell pickguard. engraved initials jackplate.

Attachments

• 101_0075.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 136
Wow that is striking! I'd love to hear it if you can post. I had difficulty figuring out how to place the string tree on mine. Do you use some measurement or just wing it (like I did)?

That might be the best use of a Blue Shell pickguard ever!  Looks great against the figured maple in washed blue!!!

Good job!

:hello2:

yeah that string tree....the usa trem tree was off center to the warmoth nut width, so was another barrel tree, too wide and binding. the graphtech for freakin $14.99 is generic flat on the bottom. i just copied the position off my fender and placed it straight down on strings and marked it through the hole with an awl. its not a critical position just there to give more string pressure down on the nut. without alot of bind after the nut of course.

thanks guys on the style comments, it was interesting to choose the look and parts going together online, and never bought a neck without feeling the thing first!  it worked out well, stainless fret edges are a bit sharp but not protruding at all.
who else will be in nov. gotm contest?

hey g.w. i had a silver in the middle, its classic 70's... the emerald is loud! thick tone but i wouldnt say its like srv at all... a tex/mex pickups is way better.  but overall  im a fan of any lace tones.. very quiet.

thanks for the nod gregg, my 1st warmoth purchases. went together well, after lowering the nut slots.

Seriously cool guitar. I love the washed blue finish. And I always looked at the color perloid pickguards and wondered what they would look good on...I guess you would know :icon_thumright:

Back