Dream build?

hannaugh

Master Member
I had a dream Warmoth accidentally shipped me an unfinished Soloist body.  I was very confused.  This isn't the first time I've had a dream about getting some Warmoth part in the mail.  Anyone else experienced this, or am I just insane?

I wouldn't say insane...  hahaha

I've never dreamed about Warmoth, but I have dreamed quite a bit about breaking strings and not having a backup guitar.  When I go to change strings, everything goes wrong and takes forever.  Maybe that's why I mod my own guitars; so I know exactly how it works.

-Mark

Haha, it's the rock star equivalent of the "you go to class and didn't realize there was a final" dream. 

I dream of guitars & amps everyday, custom builds for me and my friends. It's the result of surfing guitar forums. Since I've made some Warmoth guitars and still have two bodies in the closet I don't dream much of them anymore. I would love though to have Gibson make me Les Pauls, ES335/345, V's & Explorers with my choice of woods/pickups/custom neck shape/colors. Same with PRS, Heritage, McNaught, Hamer, Gretsch and others. Of course I want them for free, it's my dream and it's their nightmare...

I won't even mention amps, I'm more into amps these days than guitars. I want a big room where the walls won't be visible. They will be hided from cabs & and amps, most of them in custom colors. Black is boring!

Not so much a dream as a full-blown premonition. See my first comment here http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21085.0, then read about my subsequent disappointment about how washed the finish was. Not to be a whiney b%^$% about it, though. I'm in LOVE with how this thing looks now.  :hello2:

hannaugh said:
I had a dream Warmoth accidentally shipped me an unfinished Soloist body.  I was very confused.  This isn't the first time I've had a dream about getting some Warmoth part in the mail.  Anyone else experienced this, or am I just insane?

You might just be a little bit insane but you're not alone. I slept pretty well for a while after my first Warmoth was completed, but then I started 3 or 4 other projects, so I now I dream about sanding the contours on my custom guitars but they never come out right, or routing the right control cavities, or what pickup cover would look best with a certain finish, etc, etc.  :sad1: But the insanity turns into some cool concepts.

I love it.  I wonder if my husband dreams about sanding stuff.  He does a lot of carpentry.

I had a horrible nightmare before my blue LP arrived that it came, but the box had been in a fire and the body was all burned and falling apart.  It's kind of a bummer that most of the dreams we remember are stressful rather than fun. 

Back