Downsized My Amp

Lucky #7

From this:

269185511_8adc70b941.jpg

Marshall AVT275

To this:

01860973ccb8702b2041a57b2df42fa7.jpg

Line 6 Spider III 30 1x12 30 Watt Amp

The Line 6 sounds unreal for a $200 Amp.  It actually blows the Marshall I traded for it out of the water IMO and gets plenty loud for my needs.

The Marshall was just way too big for my needs anyway.

I'm not actually real big on effects, though the tremolo effect intrigues me a bit.  My big thing was finding an amp that was smaller and relatively cheap with four channels like my Marshall.  I liked my Marshall, but its resale value sucks something awful since it is solid state and not tube.

There's a guy selling a spider III 2x12 for 250. If you think that's pretty decent sounding, I might go check it out.

I'm currently using a Vox Valvetronix, and I hate it. (My main amp got stolen a few months ago)

My Marshall was a 2x12 150 Watt.  I needed to downsize.  Even this is more than I need.  I play at a jam once a month and at my house, so I don't need quite so much power. 

exalted said:
I'm currently using a Vox Valvetronix, and I hate it. (My main amp got stolen a few months ago)
What's wrong with the Vox?  I use the Valvetronix XL and I absolutely love it.
Oh yeah, and that little Line 6 does sound pretty good for just $200.

Lucky #007 said:
My Marshall was a 2x12 150 Watt.  I needed to downsize.  Even this is more than I need.  I play at a jam once a month and at my house, so I don't need quite so much power. 
Oh bullocks, always need more power.. :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
Lucky #007 said:

That's what Tim the Toolman would say.  :laughing7:

I'll put it this way.  I've never even stretched its legs in the power department.  It was also so big that I just never got it out of its hiding place because it was too much of a pain in the ass.  I've got a two year old and no spare rooms, so I'm not comfortable leaving it out in the open.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Lucky #007 said:

That's what Tim the Toolman would say.  :laughing7:
No thats what Jeremy Clarkson would say, Tim would say row-rooo-roo-rooooooooo  (or a manly Grunt Grunt Grunt)

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Lucky #007 said:

That's what Tim the Toolman would say.   :laughing7:
Hell ya, put a V-8 in that sum bitch... :icon_biggrin:

all of the Line 6 stuff is cool.  the best amp for the money if you like messing with a wide range of styles.

Back