Does anyone else like/collect knives?

My daughter has been working on fishing boats in Northern California for the last two years, harvesting Dungeness crab in season, and whatever else when Dungeness is not in season. Last year I asked her what tool would be most useful for her, and she asked for this knife - a Benchmade Mini Bugout. She is very happy with it.

2023-08-02_5b6ee7ba-dcd5-49de-9746-2dc69a8793f3_680x.png

I did get knife kits for me and my kids this christmas though: Sadly youngest one was not interested.

09A0306-frame-lock-folding-knife-kit-d-0149.jpg

My daughter has been working on fishing boats in Northern California for the last two years, harvesting Dungeness crab in season, and whatever else when Dungeness is not in season. Last year I asked her what tool would be most useful for her, and she asked for this knife - a Benchmade Mini Bugout. She is very happy with it.
Very nice knife that is amazingly lightweight. Benchmade is pricey, but their customer service is top-notch.

Not a collector at all…in fact, this post reminded me that they were here!
They’ve been in my home for over 45 years.
The German Dress Dagger was brought home by my father after WWII. I won the bowie knife at a raffle, the other two were given to me by an Air Force MP.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 8
My first knife was a switchblade comb (remember those? ;) ).

I carried a classic Buck folding hunter on my belt for a few years during my young redneck days.

I grew up learning how to keep knives sharp. You need a sharp fillet knife to fry some crappies!

Anymore, I'm more into X-Acto knives or machinist related de-burring tools.

I thought somebody might be interested in this: Knife Center has a huge clearance sale on select Benchmade and Spyderco knives, plus a lot of other brands. Examples: a Spyderco Endura model with a 3.8"wharncliffe blade, and K390 steel, for 52% off regular price; and a Boker 2.75" frame lock flipper, for 55% off regular price.

Last edited:
I'm going to be using a utility knife this weekend to cut some stencils. I call it a utility knife.

I must admit that the knife I use most often is a good old box cutter. I must have half a dozen of the things...

Best razor knife Olfa snap off trust me. Boxes are no match plus safety and precision.

Back