DIY JEM help

MicahC

For my birthday, I recieved a big chunk of lacewood/leopardwood. I was wondering if it was big enough for me to make my own JEM body out of it. The dimensions are 17x13x2. If one of the horns doesn't fit or something then that's fine, because I have extra wood that I can put there.

thanks

I think it should fit but it looks like one of the upper horns won't fit. Do you have an actual JEM body that you can put over and see if it fits?

No, I don't have a JEM body to trace and see if it fits  :( From what I could tell one of the horns wouldn't be able to fit, which really isn't a problem because I can just put a chunk of wood there. Thanks for the help

Every time someone mentions a JEM, I just think of Jem:

jem.jpg

The Holograms didn't play JEMs though.  The show would have been cooler if they did.

MicahC said:
No, I don't have a JEM body to trace and see if it fits  :( From what I could tell one of the horns wouldn't be able to fit, which really isn't a problem because I can just put a chunk of wood there. Thanks for the help

I guess that depends... you can cut out the waste section of the wood and try to join it but you will have to be really good to be able to hide it. Maybe an inlay at the top to hide it? Hiding end grain joins are really hard...

hannaugh said:
Every time someone mentions a JEM, I just think of Jem:

jem.jpg

The Holograms didn't play JEMs though.  The show would have been cooler if they did.

I read To Kill A Mockingbird the other month and everytime i read about Scout's brother Jem, i was thinking of the Ibanez and Steve Vai playing it. :toothy12: :doh:

Back