DiMarzio Breed Bridge

dmraco

Master Member
I am considering a DiMarzio Breed for my current build.  I am looking for somethign with a "THICK" sound.  Anyone have thoughts or experiances with this PU?

hi,

the sound will be thick (obviously depending on the amp too).
i like the balance between lows, low mids and smooth highs on the breed bridge, the output i s medium not high, which helps a lot in getting the right definition.
Very good pick up i have to say.
Why did you choose it?
like andy timmons sound ?

marco

I have always been a fan of Dimarzio.  I am currently using a Super3 (Bridge)/Evo2 (neck) combo with my LP.  Sounds great.

The breed seems to have that thick "chunka'chuncka" sound while maintaining a lot of clarity.  I think I will go with another Evo2 for the neck but an open to other options.

I have a pair recently replacing my SD JB bridge and SD Alnico II pro neck.
The bridge is high output, the neck medium. Clean up well but offer much clearer definition than what I had before on high gain stuff.
Love 'em. A few clips on my guitar's page on here - http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6163.0

I'm going to try a Breed in something sometime, been wanting to for a while.  I'm not much of a Duncan fan.  I've got a JB/Jazz combo in one of my guitars and the JB sounds harsh and brittle to me compared to my Bartolini, Dimarzio, and GFS pickups.  The Bartolini's are my favorites for playing tone and the DiMarzios are my favorites for leading and the GFS's have a great Wyldish squeal on the pinch harmonics.

I haven't tried the Breed bridge, but I have a Breed Neck, and it rocks.  I'd love to get a Breed bridge for a future build sometime.

I am now strongly considering the Evolution Bridge too.  I am afraid the Breed may be too fat a sound.  I will be playing a lot of classic rock with this guitar too.

dmraco said:
I am now strongly considering the Evolution Bridge too.  I am afraid the Breed may be too fat a sound.  I will be playing a lot of classic rock with this guitar too.

I wouldn't consider the Evolution Bridge a classic rock sound.  I have one and it is great for metal, and searing leads, but I don't think of it as a classic rock tone.  If you want a classic rock tone, think of the PAF Pro, or even the Norton.

Thanks.  My biggest problem is I am trying to select a pickup that will play everyting...not sure it will happen.  What type of muisic you think the breed is best for??

Right now I have a tele with A Duncan Custom in it and that get some nice classic tone.  I also have a soloist with the EMG 81/85 combo that shreds.  I guess I am looking for a happy medium.

I think the Norton is a very good "all around" pickup.  I can get classic rock, and metal tones out of it.  If I tweak my amp enough, I could probably get jazz tones out of it.

Back