Dificult to stay focused

m165 said:
These pickups only come in white or black.

Go with what you're happy with. It's your guitar, I'm only saying what I think would look good. There are lots of combinations that would look outstanding with that body..mirror pickguard with chrome domed telecaster knobs, or what about the gold plexi guard with black pickups and gold hardware. the black posts on gold planet waves tuners would match up great with that arrangement.......the possibilities are endless, as are the variations in personal tastes. And of course you can always get different colored covers for strat pickups, depending on what type you decide on. Just follow your instincts, you'll get it right.

Thanks for the tips wilyk, appreciated. The pickups I have chosen are Seymour Duncan single coil sized Humbuckers and only come in white or black, I dont think there are replacement covers for them, at least I have not seen any. There are a couple of other things, the body was routed for and comes included in the price a Fender standard tremelo and they tell me at Warmoth this only comes in chrome ,  I am happy with the choice of trem so its just a matter of matching up the hardware to get it looking as good as possible snd all sugestions are welcome ? I think its just the black on the tuners that has thrown me a bit but like I said earlier its not a big detail.  Thanks.

I've played a strat with the little 59 in the neck and it was awesome, really searing tone. It will definately be a bit of a rocker with that combo.

Apart from the little 59 did you try use any other single coil sized Humbucker, if so did you try splitting them?

The SD Lil' 59 is marginal when coil tapped; better choice is the JBJr. if you want a SC humbucker in bridge position to coil tap.

I have on order from Warmoth the Seymour Duncan SJBJ-1b JB Jr. for the bridge, an SDBR-1n Duckbucker in the middle, and an SL59-1n Little '59 for the neck, not too sure if I understand this correctly but I think by using a super 5 way switch I can tap the humbucker in this pickup set? I will give it a go and let you know how it works out.

Just got a call from UPS, a little mix up with delivery but sorted now, delivery expected  tomorrow morning, cant wait. Nice birthday present.  Will be back with some pics as soon as it arrives. :hello2:

Hey Jack, My last build had a JB Jr. in the bridge, and two sweet vanzants in the middle and neck, the VanZants outpower the Jb jr in a bad way. My buddy even wanted the Jr. split (waste of time in my opinion)  anyway, the Jr. has a great sound. but needs a bit more punch for the scenario I put together ( I didn't pick the pups)

We ( I ) put a push/push in the middle tone, to turn on the neck/bridge combination, that is a very cool sound with the bluesy tone of the Neck VanZant with the little crunch of the JB Jr.

Overall, I like the VanZants bigtime, and the Jr also. just not a good combo together.

Back