Diamondback Build (Pearl White)

RosamondEdge

I was trying to decide what I wanted to build. I made calls and sent emails, and I decided to build a pearl white Diamondback guitar, and am matching the neck finish to the body, and chrome hardware. Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special alnico four humbuckers will make it sing. I hope to post pictures when things arrive, and I will update this thread as things progress. I hope the order will arrive before Christmas, but it is always worth the wait.

A cool thing happened while wiring it up. I accidentally put 0.047uf caps in it, and it sounds fantastic. It has a wide range on the tone knob, and the electronics pair well with the Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special set and their AlNiCo 4 magnets.

That looks really good... I want one!
It plays well, and it sounds good. I need to find a hard-shell case for it. I like Gatter Cases, but I do not know which one will work with the body size and the tilt-back headstock.

Wow, that came out really well.....really well! Having the neck painted makes it look cohesive/complete....very nice touch

How is the balance when it's on a strap?

Last edited:
Wow, that came out really well.....really well! Having the neck painted makes it look cohesive/complete....very nice touch

How is the balance when it's on a strap?
It hangs well, and the satin finish on the back of the neck makes it highly playable. I mounted the front strap button on the top-upper neck screw. The neck pocket is contoured, and the extra space of the oversized button allows for a full-length neck screw. That is an idea that I got from one of Aaron's videos, and it works.
The guitar is solid mahogany; still, I have an older Stratocaster (1999) that is a boat anchor in comparison.

Back