Design a body contest

chuck7

I don't know how often Warmoth adds new body designs, but considering they recently stopped making one, maybe they should add a replacement?  Instead of licensing a current production body, I thought maybe something completely custom.  This got me to thinking, what if Warmoth did a contest where customers could submit design ideas.  Then allow the community to vote on which ones they like the best, then out of the top 5 or so, Warmoth would pick a winner.  Maybe the prize could be one free body to the guy who designed it. 

Carved top Tele with an F hole!
ok, not a new design, but I will still vote for that! :)

I predict a final tally of 95% pointy metal guitars, and 5% double-cut hollowbody.

As much as I love pointy metal guitars, I'd like to see either a King V body, or a Gretsch style arched top hollow body...

Whoa, am I feeling ok?

Other than a 335 I can't think of a body type I like that they don't make. They could use some more head stocks though.

Xplorervoodoo said:
As much as I love pointy metal guitars, I'd like to see either a King V body, or a Gretsch style arched top hollow body...

Whoa, am I feeling ok?

King V?  No problem modifying the points on a V and adding Bevels.  Call your order in now.  Operators are standing by......

ah almost forgot:

- Fender Starcaster
- Fender Coronado
- Fender Heartfield (Elan, RR and EX)
(I have 3 heartfields myself! my favorites after my warmoths!)

ok, none of the above would sell well, so won't be an option for W, but I can always dream ;)

i'm not a bass player , so i would never buy it but this shape is cool looking...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=511959&index=0

sundin4prez said:
i secounf all of m4rk0 's choices.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Hey! you like heartfields too?

Funny story, my 2nd warmoth originally started out to replicate an Elan I.. just got a little lost in all the exotic woods options, so during the planning stage, I changed all the woods, top, bridge, and exchanged the neck binding for stainless steel frets..
about a year after I build it, I finally found a real one myself.. and I love em both  :icon_biggrin:

from this:
Elan004.jpg

to this
stratmay13th030.jpg

Wyliee said:
King V?  No problem modifying the points on a V and adding Bevels.  Call your order in now.  Operators are standing by......

Ha ha, gotta finish my first project first ;)  But I'm having a hard time deciding between the gibson style V and the King V for my next one...  They both look very cool.

i love the heartfields....i remember a while back i got a chance to play one and it played like butter....it was like $250 but stupid me dident buy it because i diden't like the colour(black,brown sunburst).... i am such an idioit.. :sad:

i love that tabacco burst on that black korina. m4rk0 your VIP is one of my favorites, i can't decide between that and willyk's figured bubinga topped strat.

ok back on topic. i'm all for a contest. i'd send something in and if i found the time i'd even give 3d renderings and the G code to cut it out on the CNC.

i think they should bring back the carved top VW, i know the flat top is pretty close to an ernie ball, but ernie ball didn't make a carved top. and peavy's wolfgang is a bit diferent, more twisted looking, it's like a bizaro axis.

and yeah i vote carved top tele, that seems to be an in demand bodie style. hint hint gregg if you're listening

If the contest was to suggest a body style simlar to something already commercially available, then cool. If it's "design your bat-wing SG meets V meets Macaferri on acid" type of deal that NOBODY but the designer would like...well, that's kind of futile.

That being said...Carved Top Tele!!!

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1772.0

I wouldn't mind seeing a carved top L5S body, and an option to go completely hollow along with that.

But a carved top Tele is also an attractive option too.  :icon_scratch:

Back