Deluxe Jazz body and neck

LightMeDark

I received my Deluxe Jazz body and neck from Warmoth this past Friday.  I'm extremely pleased with the way the body turned out.  It was routed with the wrong pickup size, but I actually like the look of this size better so I'm trying to exchange the pickups I bought for this for the same pickups in this size (asked for EMG 40 routes, got Bart P2 routes).

The body is all black korina with a unique choice top and a black pinstripe around its outline.  It's routed for a Hipshot bass tremolo which should be fun.  Hardware is going to be all black, and I'm planning on just passive electronics for now.

j5body1.JPG

j5body2.JPG

j5body3.JPG

The neck is a deluxe 5 standard in wenge with a jet black ebony fretboard that has no inlays.  I opted for stainless steel frets.  The pictures aren't so great, but you'll get the idea ;)

j5neck1.JPG

j5neck2.JPG

I've already drilled holes for the jack plate, strap buttons, and three knobs/two switches.  I'm excited about this, but I plan to take all the time I need on finishing it.

Haha, good to have an approved combo ;D

I'm planning on Tru-Oil, maybe topped off with some poly-u after I let the Tru-Oil dry for a good while.

We need clips with the tremolo going. Need.

Also, with the P2 routes you can pick up some Nordys...

Thanks for the comments guys  :icon_thumright:

It's a solid body.  I had picked up a Delano SBC5 HE/S set which fits an EMG 40 route.  Luckily, they also make the pickup in the P2 shape, so that's most likely what I'll end up with.  Nordy's would probably be my next choice.

I'll see what I can do about clips when the thing finally gets put together. No promises, though  :tard:

Black korina with black pinstripe and Delanos? Sounds like Carmine's long lost cousin...only a brunette instead of a redhead  :headbang:
l_ac7520a01682412c9d87907e537c0c3c.jpg

I did as well, my decision was finally made when I found a lightly used W bubinga/bubinga neck on ebay for about 2/3 the price of new and it came loaded with the black Schaller tuners. I'll just have to go with wenge on my next one...

LightMeDark said:
The neck is a deluxe 5 standard in wenge with a jet black ebony fretboard that has no inlays.  I opted for stainless steel frets.  The pictures aren't so great, but you'll get the idea ;)

j5neck1.JPG

Me likey.  I've got a 4 string version of that neck.

Wenge01-1.jpg

Feels and looks great.

Awesome, and your picture is much better than mine. The feel of wenge wasn't quite what I was expecting, but i definitely like it.

Keep in mind it feels different fully assembled and playing than holding the unassembled piece.  The first few times, I was so unused to it, I thought my hand was going to slip off.  (No dirty comment intended.)

Lightmedark-

I have a warmoth 5 i built with an aguiar 2band pre and lindy fralin jazz 5's, and its great. ive been thinking about swapping aout the maple-rosewood neck for the wenge with ebony, but i had my maple headstock dyed in blueburst to match the body, and i dont want to give up that gorgeous look.
I just ordered a shortscale wenge neck from warmoth, waiting for a rrival.
i have an ebay auction up now for a pair of seymour duncan soapbars, never used, that have the bart p2 dimensions. i'm also selling an aguilar obp3 preamp all wired up with pots and a jack.

Heres the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-Bass-Pickup-Set-Soapbar-NO-RESERVE-/140448967968?pt=Guitar&hash=item20b3692d20#ht_499wt_1156

Where are you getting the tremolo from? I want to build a trem bass but they cost too much.

Back