delete

Hey, didn't you ask this exact question before you bought this gorgeous VIP? I now have a VIP body sitting in its box and it is indeed a bit bigger than a PRS, but it's really not any bigger than a strat. I keep waffling back and forth between keeping it and selling it.
You should build a little musiclander next with just a bridge pup and a TOM, something small and cool.

juliancs said:
Haha that's what I mean, it does not look right  :sad:

It's a good thing you didn't get a 335 or 355 you would never be seen again. :icon_jokercolor:

juliancs, you should ask big bob what he has for breakfast before getting that purdy VIP  :laughing8:

Looks fine to me dude.  As long as you can comfortably play it, I think it's okay.  :icon_biggrin:

Haha, just lower your strap and assume the "Rock Power Stance"
Illustration:
2657738143_4fe8759295.jpg

Hey man, there's a reason the SG is the go-to guitar for the vertically challenged musician.

angus.jpg

I'm guessing your favorite song is "Little guitars".... :icon_biggrin:
[youtube=425,350]O97FVCYmEPo[/youtube]

Crappy said:
juliancs said:
Haha that's what I mean, it does not look right  :sad:

It's a good thing you didn't get a 335 or 355 you would never be seen again. :icon_jokercolor:

And don't even THINK of owning a Gretsch White Falcon or Gibson L5, those guitars are monsters!  :laughing3:

So long as the neck profile is good for your hands and you can adjust the strap buttons so the body sits comfortably on you, what is the problem? :icon_scratch:

The fact it doesn't look good on you? Or is it too heavy and cumbersome on your shoulder? But how does it sound?

I think the VIP body is slightly larger than the PRS of the same style.

I was scrawny right up to the age of 26 or so, then I started developing my beer gut. I used to look thin behind the guitars, but now I better resemble someone like David Crosby nowadays! :sad: I used to hate looking so thin, sometimes I'd get mistaken for a thin woman and boy did that get me annoyed. So I have empathy with you about the way the guitar looks on you. But I'd persevere with the instrument if it plays well and sounds good.

looks fine to me.  i'm 6 feet tall and keep my guitars up pretty high so even my strat looks a little big on me.  i look like a child when I play my Agile 335(ish) knock-off.  as long as it's comfortable and sounds good, i wouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about it.  You're young, you might still fill out some.  I know a guy who was in a play when he was 19 where he was playing a 14 year old.  The play won a bunch of awards, and a year later they had to do the play again at a theater festival, but the guy didn't fit in the costumes anymore because he had filled out so much.  He really didn't look believable as a 14 year old anymore.  My fiance also used to be very thin, but he filled out a lot in his late teens and early 20s, and now he's a pretty big guy.  Of course, I think the few years he worked in construction and demolition helped a lot. 

Anyways, the if the guitar is pretty, they'll spend their time looking at that rather than how it compares to your body size.  And if you're good at playing it, no one will care what you look like. 

Besides, chicks dig skinny guys.  Especially ones that are musicians. 

the VIP is a little 'thicker' than a PRS, I measured this morning...

Well, chicks dig musicians in general.  It doesn't really matter what you look like.  Mick Jagger is proof of that. 

One word juliancs; Donuts. We'll get that guitar body looking smaller in no time.  :icon_thumright:

Back