dbw's LP, part 3/3

rounce55 said:
I have a few questions...is there a laminated top? and if so what kind is it?

Hey rounce... it's a double-laminate quilt maple carved top.  They make some jaw-dropping tops with this method, and they're still pretty cheap :)

http://www.warmoth.com/doublelam.cfm

hey nonsense, when you ask how man A's were in the order, what do you mean? Like how much grain there is?

Update on the case... getting replacement parts from SKB is super easy.  I called and told them the model number and that the handle broke.  They just took my address and a few days later I got a replacement handle in the mail.  No receipt needed or anything  :icon_thumright:

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to install the new handle.  :help:

Peel back the fuzzy foamed part from the metal lip near the handles base.  I think those have 2 screws coming from the inside

Blue313 said:
Peel back the fuzzy foamed part from the metal lip near the handles base.  I think those have 2 screws coming from the inside
Yeah but it's glued in... do I just rip it out?  o_O

I just took a look at my SKB Tele case.  It should be similar, I bought mine right around the time you got your LP case.

Yep that's what I'm looking at... but I can't get a screwdriver in there.  I can only get like 1" opened up..

Back