Dark Side of the Moon

stratplayer1

Has anyone ever played it along with the Wizard of Oz, It totally matches up perfectly, trippy as, you know. This brings up a question,
What are other weird, trippy, conspiracy, subliminal things that are out there in music, I just think this could be interesting I find these things to be extremely cool.

I've never tried that. I own the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs version of this recording and for some reason the songs are in a different order than the original release. But it sound a hell of a lot better.  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah i just have an original rip, digital, but yeah you start the tracks when the mgm lion roars the third time, and it syncs up with events in the movie, you can find clips of it on youtube, its pretty crazy

TexxasJam said:
I've never tried that. I own the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs version of this recording and for some reason the songs are in a different order than the original release. But it sound a hell of a lot better.  :icon_biggrin:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Side-Moon-Pink-Floyd/dp/B000000IRB - -that one? There's nothing different about the track order. I own this one too.

It matches up OK, not great.  I saw an article a few years back where the author played DSOTM over a handful of random movies plus Wizard of Oz, and they *all* matched up OK, not great.

Get very high and try it, then its fun, otherwise it's just watching a movie with no sound.

This comes up every know and then.  It's probably coincidence more than anything.  I've asked around to see if there was DVD with it already dubbed on.  A few pop on ebay from time to time, but they are the equivalent of an illegal bootleg, and the auction is usually shutdown.  Floyd had been asked about it, but have never made a serious comment confirming or denying that it was intentional, adding to the mystique.  Genius.

stratplayer1 said:
Has anyone ever played it along with the Wizard of Oz, It totally matches up perfectly, trippy as, you know. This brings up a question,
What are other weird, trippy, conspiracy, subliminal things that are out there in music, I just think this could be interesting I find these things to be extremely cool.

They haven't made the type of acid that makes it "sync up" since 1977, to the best of my knowledge...

jackthehack said:
stratplayer1 said:

They haven't made the type of acid that makes it "sync up" since 1977, to the best of my knowledge...

Yep, things have been going downhill ever since Owsley moved to Oz and adopted his "All meat, and nothing BUT meat!" diet.

http://www.thebear.org/

I'll have to tell my own DSOTM story one of these days, if I can ever psychologically reach the point where I can type it out without having a coronary, having a panic attack, or simply dissolving into hours of screaming and twitching as I recall that day. For the record, "that day" was six months prior to the official release of DSOTM.

Google video has it, the whole length of the album over the film. Great Gig is good. The scarecrow dances along with whatever song is at that point.

I tried it once on the suggestion of starting the music when Dorothy opens the door to Munchkinland. When you do that, the Tin Man dances to the Money jam.

Tweed said:
Great Gig is good. The scarecrow dances along with whatever song is at that point.

Yeah... It synches well, but Great Gig in the Sky is probably the coolest part.  The whole song and sequence of the movie take on a whole different feel.  Very cool.

erik

RLW said:
I'll have to tell my own DSOTM story one of these days, if I can ever psychologically reach the point where I can type it out without having a coronary, having a panic attack, or simply dissolving into hours of screaming and twitching as I recall that day. For the record, "that day" was six months prior to the official release of DSOTM.

Bite down on a wooden spoon and tell us!

GoDrex said:
TexxasJam said:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Side-Moon-Pink-Floyd/dp/B000000IRB - -that one? There's nothing different about the track order. I own this one too.

Yes, that's the one. A friend of mine back in the early ninties had the standard CD release of DSOTM and I seem to remember comparing the tracks of his to ones on my MoFi CD. I remember the order being different. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

SlingBass said:
jackthehack said:

And that might be pushing it... :laughing7:

Nope, I was in the Army in Germany; the "Green Monster" blotter acid was so strong they put an article on the front page of the Stars&Stripes (military newspaper) warning about it. It would definitely make them sync, maybe even if only one or the other was actually playing at the time...

Back