Customization / Compatibility During Checkout

Freakoftheweek75

Hi everyone!

It's been years since my last custom build, but here goes another!

I'm not much on experience with technical savvy while building a guitar. I'm buying the parts and having a tech assemble it for me. That said - does Warmoth have a quality control feature to let me know if the customization options I select are compatible with parts and hardware that I put in my cart before checkout?

For instance - if I select a  bridge cutout that doesn't work with the bridge I choose to purchase, or a pickup mounting depth that won't work with the pickup I get - will it somehow tell me before submitting my order? Or will someone review it and get back to me and let me know there are inconsistencies?

Thanks!
Jay

I've wondered that sometimes myself. I have not personally experienced anything that was a problem other than once with a trio of pots that did not fit very well with the knobs I had that I had sourced somewhere other than Warmoth. My tech at the time just used some other pots he had and everything was fine since the knobs matched an aesthetic I wanted.

You pretty much have to match bridge rout to bridge but that is really self evident. Tuners you order have to work with the tuner ream you chose. I've operated so far figuring anything for a strat would work with my strat related order as long as I matched the bridge and tuner routes.

Hopefully Aaron will chime in on this tomorrow.

As Warmoth are a parts company, they don't check any of this, it's on the shoulders of the buyer. They don't know whether what you're ordering is for the same build or if it's very separate builds. My advice is to do a lot of research, and maybe post on here with the list of parts and specifications that you're buying and somebody might be able to help you out, make sure everything is compatible.

Not automatically because as stated no one knows that the parts are intended to go together. You are buying parts rather than a kit. In fact I might on an order have a Tele Pickguard and a Strat body with a Floyd rout and something else not related to either, if there was something warning or stopping me that would also be inconvenient.

So you could either ask for assistance on the forum such as list the hardware you want to use and what you want to build and we can help you out or you could do the same and contact sales at Warmoth to help you get it right.

And of course on the Warmoth website this is a good starting point where the options etc are described. Here are some links as a starting point.

https://www.warmoth.com/default.aspx#learn

https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/faq1.aspx
https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/Strat1Piece.aspx

they may ask you later if it look obviously wrong.

For something that non-revisable, like routine options, some time I got they email ask is that really you want ? or some issues they think may not so desirable, so it need some exchanges email to clear up or ask can it be done other way ?

But that just maybe , and I think it depends on they busy or not .

For parts, I don’t think they going to ask , as other said , they don’t know what it for use .

If you not sure , can write something ask before , or on the Note sections of check out . The order can be change before they done and ship it .

Back