Custom Nut Width

Probably not. I would imagine there would be significant reprogramming involved to get the neck shaped right. Or maybe it's a simple tweak. Call and ask.

What's wrong with the three widths Warmoth offers? Most people are fine with one of them.

Nut width is the width of the strings at the nut. The neck remains the same, they just slot the nut differently.

Call them and ask, they'll be fine with it.

Hobosaur said:
Nut width is the width of the strings at the nut. The neck remains the same, they just slot the nut differently.

Really? On bass necks, the nut width changes the width of the neck.

In any case, 1.65" should be very close to a 1 5/8" nut.

The neck ships with the width at the nut as ordered. No way a 1.75" nut will fit on a 1.625" or 1.6875" neck.

beowolverine93 said:
Sweet! I wanted to order a neck with the same nut width as my current Strat (1.650" (42 mm)).
You can get pretty close but not exact.
1.625" = 1 5/8" = 41.27mm
1.6875" = 1 11/16" = 42.86mm
1.75" = 1 3/4" = 44.45mm
1.875" = 1 7/8" = 47.625mm (superwide necks)

*edit* added mm conversion

Hobosaur said:

Uh,.. no.  Nut width is the width of the neck at the nut.  A 1 5/8" neck is narrower at the nut than a 1 3/4" neck.  No options for custom widths as it does require more programming.  The back contour shape widens/narrows depending on the nut width.

OP:  Have you measured your neck?  You will likely find it is not exactly 42mm.  It is common for production necks to be slightly over or under by a few thousandths.  It may be more like a 1 5/8" or 1 11/16" neck.

Back