Custom guitar wiring

Fzau

I'm planning to build my own custom guitar this year.
I know all the specs I'd like and will buy the parts from Warmoth, but I have some questions about the possibility of getting this wired (..and working).
I'm absolutely no hero in wiring (in fact I've never done this before) but if necessary I can get someone to do it for me.
The following things I had in mind for my HSH Alder Strat (with pickguard):
- A DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck position, DiMarzio YJM middle pickup and DiMarzio ToneZone in the bridge with a volume knob, a two tone knobs for the Norton and ToneZone with push-pull possibility for splitting it into singlecoils and one tone knob for the YJM;
- Instead of the traditional five-way switch, I thought three mini-switched to activate/deactive each PUP would be nice (I can't imagine how a ToneZone and Air Norton would sounds together).
What do you guys think?

(For those who are wondering how I'm making it look, imagine this: a AAAAA maple top green burst with a slightly wider burst-over and matching headstock, pearloid white pickguard, possibly figured maple or ebony fretboard, possibly figured maple neck, Wilkinson trem, chrome hardware.. yes, it's godly!)

Thanks !

You might want to consider a rotary switch  ala PRS  a lot cleaner than mini switches.

I put a blend pot in mine and it works nicely as well.

I'd suggest having wired up , saves a lot of grief and burned fingers . I use to be an electronics tech , getting a clean solder joint isn't tough but takes a little practice . You don't want to over heat things .

greywolf said:
You might want to consider a rotary switch  ala PRS  a lot cleaner than mini switches.

I put a blend pot in mine and it works nicely as well.

I'd suggest having wired up , saves a lot of grief and burned fingers . I use to be an electronics tech , getting a clean solder joint isn't tough but takes a little practice . You don't want to over heat things .
Would the rotary switch enable all possible configurations? (Bridge, Bridge-Middle, Middle, Middle-Neck, Bridge-Neck)
And I don't know if this will make me look silly, but can you choose which of the singlecoils of the humbuckers are active after coil-splitting?

Back