Custom Decal

SnakeGS

Was wondering if anyone knew what font Fender uses for the Stratocaster text. If anyone could get close to it and let me know what font is used i would appreciate it, not making a Stratocaster text just want to use the font for my own decal for a headstock

Dont know if i can do this or not but let me know what you think, be brutal lol, made it in Photoshop its not actual

WarmothSIncaster.jpg

or

WarmothSincaster1.jpg

WarmothSIncaster2-1.jpg

They are Futura Book and a Brush Script.

I cut and pasted this from a previous post:

Make your own.
You'll need your brain and the following:
Search the internet for the fonts you need. 
Use MS word to space and size the letters.
Get from micromark:
Laser Decal Paper
Setting Solution
Softening solution
Follow the directions.
Enjoy.
For tru-oil I put down 4 coats, then carefully build up at least 4 more for a maple neck.

For less than $20, you can even make extra's for your friends.

FYI: Two of the Fender fonts are pretty close to Brush Script MT and Futura Book

SnakeGS said:
appreciate it, but will that decal work or is that illegal to lol

It's not illegal, per se. But if you plan to sell those logos, expect a lawsuit.

But they can't/wouldn't come after you if you just made a few for you and your friends.

nope dont plan to sell it if i did i would change WARMOTH to something else. A guy on the fender forum emailed me and said if you have a fender neck made by fender and you refinished it, you can get a aftermarket decal and put it on now it still sounds illegal to me but hey if u didnt sell it why would it be? if u did sell the neck sand it off lol

Depends on what you mean by "illegal," but I think it's safe to assume that Fender owns its signature script logo, so buying a counterfeit one and using it violates their intellectual property rights. Would anyone particularly care? I doubt it. Unless someone with Fender gets wind of it, that is.

they posted this on there forums lol and no one from fender stepped in and said anything i know its a fake logo, i am going down to a fender dealer to have them put a replacement decal on my neck but i was shocked that a mod or an admin or someone at fender didnt step in and say anything. I dont plan on selling my strats put to much time into it but i do want it to my specs im putting the money into it i want it a certain way lol but thats me

The problem will only arise if you lie and claim your build is a genuine fender.  Otherwise .... forgetaboutit.  If you don't lie, you'll have nothing to worry about.

ok well i tried to get it as close as i could my decals are coming monday or tuesday but here is the mock up, tried to get as close to the fender style its all legal i like it i think it looks good

its different lol let me know what you think

neck1.jpg

Back