Cruiser DP186 or DP187? P-rail SHPR-1 or SHPR-2?

latido

I know on Ibanez website it says that Andy Timmons is using DP187. But is it gonna make a big difference??

same thing for P-Rail bridge, SHPR-1 or SHPR-2? the later one got 'hotter' output but will that be too hot if that is used alongside these neck and mid p/u?

Also my plan for my Warmoth Strat will be Cruiser Neck, Area 58 Middle and P-rail Bridge..

Will they work together well? I've read from other forums that the cruiser didnt like area 58..

Anyway, the neck and body was just ordered last Friday so I still have time find out :laughing7:

thanks in advance..

I had a Cruiser (DP-186) in the neck position of my Strat, and it really didn't sound all that great. It had too much bass, not quite enough treble, and sounded kind'a dull, like cardboard. It also did not mix well with my middle pickup, which at the time was a stock Fender single coil (RWRP).  I finally ended up replacing it with a Area 67.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Consider the Chopper for the neck.
It has tons more clarity & quack than my Air Norton S did.

I have had the Chopper in the neck-position of two guitars. It is a muddy-sounding pickup, and has absolutley no "quack". It has even less high-end than a Cruiser.
I wouldn't recommend it at all.

I have a cruiser in the neck position of my Warmoth strat and I like it.  I don't think you'll ever get a great vintage single coil sound in a dual blade pickkup but it does a good enough job for me.  I was just interested in an all blade setup.

I have a SHPR-2 in a bridge position and it is pretty darn hot.  Clear and articulate, not distorted at all.  The height of this bridge pup is much lower than usual to compensate for it's output.  It is a really good pickup though, and makes a great bridge pickup.  Eventhough I  usually whore my pickups out every few years because I don't like them fully, the Hot P-rails is in my guitar to stay.  I forgot to mention that this pickup is mingled with a hotrails  neck and a vintage rails middle (which is moderate).

I have a p rails hot in the bridge position, I love it. Especially in HB mode. It mates well with my sp90-1n. Its hot, but more mid scooped than muddy.

Back