Countersunk ferrules?

rapfohl09

Can we get countersunk ferrules on allll the bodies? It's obviously possible as its done on the vintage bodies. I think it's a really sweet option and makes everything nice and clean.

rapfohl09 said:
Can we get countersunk ferrules on allll the bodies? It's obviously possible as its done on the vintage bodies. I think it's a really sweet option and makes everything nice and clean.
KNEGuitars.com countersinks their ferrules. Not being aware of this when I purchased the below KNE body I wound up painstakingly filling the countersinks with epoxy, leveling, etc.
I apply finish to some of my builds so having the ferrule flanges on the surface means little chance of the flange pinching the paint and trashing hours of work. I agree the recessed ferrules look nice and win points especially with a recessed neck plate. Perhaps installation/paint drawbacks may be why the more complex counterbore was later simplified,
I would like to know the reasons Warmoth does not offer traditional countersunk ferrule bores with their new traditional body and why their ferrule bores are much deeper than necessary?
Callahamguitars.com has flush fitting ferrules, flanged and non flanged.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=11574.0

Attachments

• FERRULEW.jpg
    FERRULEW.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 591
Back