Contoured Heel/.720 Mod Question...

Strat Avenger

I usually do my own contoured heels (Fender style) but on my latest Soloist project, I went with the contoured heel option from Warmoth.
The reason for this is because the body is roasted swamp ash and getting a natural finish (no paint), so I don't want to be doing any carving on it.
Now here's my question: I already know about the 2 screws closest to the headstock needing to be shorter (I even got a set of them from Warmoth for the contoured heel, even though I plan to eventually install threaded inserts for machine screws), but what about the .720 mod? Are those screws going to be short enough since the .720 mod makes the neck pocket material even thinner? I'd like to hear from those of you who have the contoured heel and the .720 mod.

Curious, too, for my own learning's sake. I have a guitar with the WM contoured heel, but not the .720.

I usually do my own contoured heels (Fender style) but on my latest Soloist project, I went with the contoured heel option from Warmoth.
The reason for this is because the body is roasted swamp ash and getting a natural finish (no paint), so I don't want to be doing any carving on it.
Now here's my question: I already know about the 2 screws closest to the headstock needing to be shorter (I even got a set of them from Warmoth for the contoured heel, even though I plan to eventually install threaded inserts for machine screws), but what about the .720 mod? Are those screws going to be short enough since the .720 mod makes the neck pocket material even thinner? I'd like to hear from those of you who have the contoured heel and the .720 mod.
Hello there,
In my Soloist with contoured heel and .720 mod, it was just fine with the screws set by Warmoth.
The tension was secured so the vibration was great.
For your reference.

Back