Conductive Paint or Copper Tape for Shielding?

They've recently changed their lead times (scroll down the page). Now they're saying a custom body or neck takes 5-6 weeks, double that if it's finished, plus ship time.

Cagey said:
They've recently changed their lead times (scroll down the page). Now they're saying a custom body or neck takes 5-6 weeks, double that if it's finished, plus ship time.

I also read somewhere that the excitement starts when the In Process status changes to In Progress. Is this true? My order is still In Process and trying to keep patiently waiting.

I've never seen it change between those two. Not sure why that status is even there. It's "in process", which is true from the day you place the order until the day it leaves the factory, when it changes to "shipped". It prompts a lotta people to call and eat part of a sales person's day getting them to repeat the relevant part of the chart that's printed on the page I linked to above.

Cagey said:
I've never seen it change between those two. Not sure why that status is even there. It's "in process", which is true from the day you place the order until the day it leaves the factory, when it changes to "shipped". It prompts a lotta people to call and eat part of a sales person's day getting them to repeat the relevant part of the chart that's printed on the page I linked to above.

Last week I called them and tried to ask how long it will take. The customer rep said I shouldn't be hearing anything from them until the item gets shipped. If I hear something back from them means it's not good (not bad/worse) but just not good as the customer rep said.

This is the second week already and hopefully, I'll see something next week perhaps. Though I'm pretty sure it will take time for the neck since it's a custom order. However, the body shouldn't take long since it's a showcase body and finished.

If it's a showcase body with no mods, I'm sure it's ready to go. But, in my experience they ship orders complete, so the body will sit until the neck is done.

Cagey said:
If it's a showcase body with no mods, I'm sure it's ready to go. But, in my experience they ship orders complete, so the body will sit until the neck is done.

Well, I was asking the HSS configuration, one volume, one tone cut, and stud insert install. No battery box and that's pretty much it. I think it's all about waiting for the neck now.

Back