choose pickguard color!

-CB-

Epic Member
I've got this nice swamp ash body here, clear finish
Got a nicer goncalo neck - dark, but clear finish

Its gonna get a tele bridge pu and mini hum at the neck

So... choose the pickguard color for me!~  Doesn't have to be either of the colors in the photo...
just anything Warmoth carries.

IMG_3341.jpg

shown next to the thinline I redid a few weeks ago

I'd get a pickguard made out of goncalo or similar looking wood to match the neck. That would look sharp.

For some reason the idea of a red pick guard makes sense to me.  The body is amber, the neck is amberer, and the tortoise shell just seems a bit to dark.  Normally I would suggest tortoise shell, but it seems to need a little lightening up.  Oh well, it might just be a Schnapsidee but there is my entry.
Patrick

I fit was me, with that body and neck, I'd use this stuff from Warmoth...

BS9.jpg
Brown Shell, item# BS9

With gold hardware. Tortoise shell is just common as dirt, as is chrome. Save that chrome hardware for the next build that doesn't use a warm color, or trade with somebody who's going to buy some chrome anyway. Get them to buy the gold parts, and trade the chrome + cost difference.

I'm sort of leaning toward vintage pearl like the one on the right.... I dunno tho..

=CB= said:
I'm sort of leaning toward vintage pearl like the one on the right.... I dunno tho..

I could see vintage pearl on there pretty easily. That would be my second choice. Still, needs gold hardware.

tortoise looks great on a light colored natural body - leave it as it is  :headbang1:

I think the brown shell might be a little to orangey for the body, but would look good with the neck.  I did a little photoshop:
4483461466_f5e4f9e4f3_o.jpg

The black pearl is alright, but might be a little bit too cold.  If it were more of a charcoal brown than slate I think it would look better.
4482829639_569c1a4c26_o.jpg

Anaconda looks greenish in comparison with the rest of it, which doesn't look too good in my opinion.
4483478544_295ec9b27f_o.jpg

Honestly, if it were mine, I'd stick with tortoise, flat black, or I would look elsewhere for more colors.  I think it needs a dark pickguard.   

hannaugh said:
I think the brown shell might be a little to orangey for the body, but would look good with the neck.  I did a little photoshop:
4483461466_f5e4f9e4f3_o.jpg

The black pearl is alright, but might be a little bit too cold.  If it were more of a charcoal brown than slate I think it would look better.
4482829639_569c1a4c26_o.jpg

Anaconda looks greenish in comparison with the rest of it, which doesn't look too good in my opinion.
4483478544_295ec9b27f_o.jpg

Honestly, if it were mine, I'd stick with tortoise, flat black, or I would look elsewhere for more colors.  I think it needs a dark pickguard.   
black pearl is the best out of the 3

Anaconda has something to it.  It looks interesting.. still I don't know how.  Try a dark wood pickguard.  Where's max for a mockup? 

hannaugh said:
+1!

Back