Chickenfoot!

kataar

anybody heard or have been following the news? Jos Satriani, Mike Anthony, Sammy Hagar, and Chad Smith are gettin together to be in a band.  :headbang:

http://chickenfoot.us/

Im super excited. Joe, Mikey, and Sammy? it's gotta be good, yo!  :headbang1:  Gettin my tix for Seattle tomorrow. take a listen to the tracks they got up. what do ya guys think?

I like the sound a lot. The only real band concert I remember is a Van Halen show, with Roth and Wolfie VH, so I've never seen Sammy or Michael. I like Satch's playing on there, too, and Chat seems good. I like the Pepper's earlier stuff anyways.

It sure is boring compared to the rest of Satch's stuff.

And oh man...I hate it when vocalists 'call out' to the guitarist. I hate it so hard.

I know you think it's all about you, Mr. Hagar, but, seriously, learn to shut up for five seconds.

I'll listen when I get home, but I hate Sammy as a singer so my expectations aren't high.

I'm listening to it now and it's ok I guess. Doesn't really get me too excited. I feel like Satch and Chad Smith are the only semi interesting parts of the band. One thing that sort of bugged me was the guitar overdub throw in licks. Like Joe will do these little effects to reply to the the vocal but it's obviously overdubbed because you still hear the rhythm guitar in the back. It would be cooler to me if he actually threw that stuff in as he was playing, but it doesn't matter really because most of it's pretty standard and boring bar band sounding stuff anyway. I'm sure live it would be cooler. But I think I'll pass on that.

Weak, unimaginative music.  Supergroups always sound like this stuff.  Plus I didn't like any of those guys when they were separate.  Where's the thumbs-down emoticon?

I haven't listened to the music but the video of the guys makes me want to punch Chad in the mouth.......

I might end up liking the music but the image is alienating me from the get go.

exalted said:
And oh man...I hate it when vocalists 'call out' to the guitarist. I hate it so hard.

What about the reverse?

*wah wah!*

"What?"

*wah wah wah wuh whuaaa*

"Well lemme talk a walk up on the sidewalk and take a look"

"Whoa!" *whuuuuuuuuhhhh*

"She's beautiful!"  *weeh-waaaaah*

"And she looks wild"  *wuaaaaah* "wild"  *wuaaaah*  "wiiild"  *wuaaaaah*  "WIIIILD!"  *wuaaaaaaaaaah*

(LOL)

I'm listening to it as I type this.  I heard of it a couple of days ago.  I don't know the drummer, but could imagine Michael Anthony being the perfect bassist for Satch, as he really just rides the tonic.  If they could interject some good song writing into it, Hagar is a decent singer.  It could go somewhere, time will tell to see if they hit a note with people.  Satch's solo on the first song is very understated and was pretty cool.  They need another remake of Rock Candy or 55.

SL - I more mean in the beginning of one of their songs, Hagar keep saying "What's that, Joe?"

Or something like that.

I'd go back and find out which song, but that would require me to listen to it again, and that ain't gonna happen.

exalted said:
SL - I more mean in the beginning of one of their songs, Hagar keep saying "What's that, Joe?"

Or something like that.

I'd go back and find out which song, but that would require me to listen to it again, and that ain't gonna happen.

"What's that, Joe?"

*wah waaah!*

i'm kinda sorry that I paused itunes for a moment to listen to that.  The guitar playing is top notch....great tone and all....

but Sammy...I even have a soft spot for old Hagar....stuff off 3 Lock Box and Standing Hampton....I don't know, it just sorta misses the mark for me. 

Got to say, I kind of like it.  Chad Smith is an awsome drummer, I have always loved his work with the Chilie Peppers.  Its nice to see him bang the skins in a rock setting.  lately that seems to be what draws me to new music... a rock solid drum track.

The guitar work is nice a straight forward.  Scratch has already shown he is top of the hill with is playing, its really nice to see him throttle it back and lay down some simple, solid songs.

Max you went to VanHalen concert? so did I and it was a very good show, youl'e never see a set list like that again, David Lee was better than I expected, and Wolfie? he's Eddies kid, how could he not be good.

I like all the players in chickenfoot, and am gonna listen to them right now, I do know that they are all rich and doing it for fun, so that's all I expect to hear, I am sure I will know why Godrex feels the way he does, and won't try to change his mind. Many ALL STAR bands don't click, and whoever said they will need good song writting is correct. Still, you gotta veiw these guys as pillars, and just enjoy the energy and fun.....I Hope  BRB

Ok I just listened to several tunes on You tube, Better than I expected, they sound great, sounds like Scorpions, montrose, nazareth, def leppard, blended together. I like the way sach sounds, very bluesy

Alfang said:
Ok I just listened to several tunes on You tube, Better than I expected, they sound great, sounds like Scorpions, montrose, nazareth, def leppard, blended together. I like the way sach sounds, very bluesy

+1  :headbang:

Back