Cherry Sunburst in Japan

mullyman

This is my first Warmoth build. Alder body with a maple cap, masked natural binding, AAA birdseye neck and fingerboard. Neck back contour is Wolfgang as is the radius. Stainless steel 6105 frets. Warmoth sticker on head upside down. Pearl white scratch plate loaded with all DiMarzio pups. Tone Zone S in the bridge, Area 61 in the center and a Heavy Blues 2 in the neck. Gotoh/Wilkinson tremolo. Standard Strat openings on the scratch plate for volume/tone/tone configuration. Volume is in the center with a knob that says "Tone" on it ala King Edward. Top hole covered in black electrical tape ala MULLY......I did that to the Strats I had in the past, kind of my thing.

cherry005gk1.jpg

cherry026hg9.jpg

cherry027wl4.jpg

warmoth012zf3.jpg

warmoth011kw6.jpg

As I stated in my introduction post in the General Discussion area, I have a few amps. Main amp is a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb.  I also have a Peavey 5150II head. I run these through a Mesa Boogie Road King 4x12 cabinet. My other amp is a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier combo (50w). For home use I have a Fender Blues Jr. and a little Fernandes 10w jobber that does all I need it to do. I'm not much into effects. I have a wah, delay, and chorus. All of my distortion comes from my amps.......and they have plenty to spare. hehehe!!!

Anyway, I've been playing guitar going on 25 years now and God knows I've had just about everything. Past guitars include 3 or 4 Kramers, Fender Strats, Les Paul Custom, 2 Music Man Silhouettes, ESP George Lynch Purple Tiger, Music Man Axis EX (still have this one), Music Man EVH model, various Peavey Wolfgang's and Wolfgang specials, Gibson Explorer, Ibanez USA Custom..... This Warmoth, I can honestly sit here and say, is probably the nicest one out of the lot. My only problem right now is that this Wilkinson trem on here won't keep the strings in tune when I push down on it. Once I get that resolved it should be clear skies. Yes, I had the nut slots filed and oiled. Didn't help one bit. I honestly have no idea why it's like that. So for now, I love Warmoth but Wilkinson can go take a long walk off a short plank.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys and I hope to be able to pick up some tips and hopefully add to discussions around here.
Peace!
MULLY

Hey, any advice and or tips on taking better photos would be immensely appreciated.  :headbang:These photos don't even begin to do this guitar justice.

Nice axe, and welcome to the board.  :headbang1:

Great pup choices, as well.  I really like the Tone Zone, and have a Tone Zone - T in my Tele build.  :laughing7:

ByteFrenzy said:
mullyman said:
Warmoth sticker on head upside down.

That probably didn't happen by accident, there must be a reasoning behind it. So I have to ask: Why ??

Because no one else does it.  :headbang:
MULLY
square peg in a round hole

I'm in Shizuoka. About an hour south of Tokyo by bullet train.
MULLY
18 years in Japan on Feb. 5th :headbang:
41 years old on Feb. 12th :sad:  :sad1:

Thanks, man. All of my guitars get a MULLY done to them in one way or another.
MULLY
MULLY is short for Mullins by the way, my last name.

Mully, I lived in Kyoto for five years (eikaiwa no sensei of course), then half a year in Kagoshima. Great experience and yeah it was really hard to return to the US, a real shock to the system.

mully, sweet piece! love the natural masked binding around that! and how did you get that neck plate done?

Vegababy said:
Nice !

How does the Wolfgang neck contour feel ? Planning on getting one of those...

Well, I've owned a few Wolfgangs in the past so that's why I went with this contour and radius. It's very similar, not exact, but close enough for government work. hehe!! The radius is fairly flat, 15" straight through. I like it but I'm very curious about Warmoth's 10-16 radius so my next build I'll probably go with that.
MULLY

tfarny said:
Mully, I lived in Kyoto for five years (eikaiwa no sensei of course), then half a year in Kagoshima. Great experience and yeah it was really hard to return to the US, a real shock to the system.

Yeah, I get back home for about 3 weeks or so and I'm more than ready to get back here. I doubt I'll ever return to live.
MULLY

fibredrive said:
mully, sweet piece! love the natural masked binding around that! and how did you get that neck plate done?

Thanks, man. The photos really don't do this guitar justice. I've got a friend that does photography and I've asked him to shoot some photos of my guitars so when we get that done I'll post them up here. I sent you a PM on the neck plate.
MULLY

Hey, Mully, you know you can put multiple quotes in one post?
Just scroll down and click the quote button on the post you want to quote. It'll add it to the text box. :icon_thumright:

Max said:
Hey, Mully, you know you can put multiple quotes in one post?
Just scroll down and click the quote button on the post you want to quote. It'll add it to the text box. :icon_thumright:

My reply on this is waaaaay late but I just saw it now. Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll be using it in the days to come.
MULLY

DoubleG said:
very nice guitar, the neckplate is awesome.

Thanks, I get my neck plates made at

http://www.fsrshop.com/

The guy that does them is really cool, easy to deal with, and quick on shipping. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a custom plate.

Here are the plates I've had done so far....

picture.php

This was done for my Kramer 5150, obviously. hehe!!

2008140.jpg

This one is on my Warmoth Strat.

2008181.jpg

This one I had done as a X-mas gift for a friend of mine. That's him holding it against the back of his guitar the day I gave it to him.
MULLY

Back