Check out this finish that Warmoth used to offer...

mayfly

Epic Member
... back in the early 1990s!

index.php

This is from a paper catalogue that I have the pleasure of owning.
So double A Aaron: you guys gonna bring these back one day?    :icon_jokercolor:

Attachments

• warmoth1990.jpg
    warmoth1990.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 640
Ι have #18 catalog from 1995, they were offering these finishes. It's interesting how much cheaper the finishes were 26 years ago. At the same time the wood was slightly cheaper.

Gk3PtRm.jpg

I'd like to see this option for guitar necks, it's still only a bass option

FQcJkZH.jpg

Ha! It's not a finish, per se.  It's a Mother-of-Toilet-Seat lam-top!

SPACE AGE MATERIALS!!!!!

HOT! HOT! HOT! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

But on a serious note.....anybody else notice the bound f-hole.  :glasses9:

Now THAT would be worth bringing back!

GFS had some MOTS bodies a while back. But it's GFS. I'll use their pickups, but whatever stash of guitar shaped wood bodies they found on the floor of a company that couldn't stay in business - I think I'll pass, unless the necks were unrouted and the bridges undrilled.

The sharper-eyed among you might have noticed this photo - still live on Warmoth.com:

wilky-install.jpg

Fat Pete said:
The sharper-eyed among you might have noticed this photo - still live on Warmoth.com:

wilky-install.jpg

I love that the red arrows are there in case you're not sure what you're supposed to do with the wrench once you've inserted it in the post.

The Aaron said:
Fat Pete said:

wilky-install.jpg

I love that the red arrows are there in case you're not sure what you're supposed to do with the wrench once you've inserted it in the post.

Righty righty, lefty loosely. Even in space.
index.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-175111.png
    Screenshot_20210115-175111.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 509
yo is it dank o'clock in here cuz those things are rad to the max. I can feel the grand ol oprey summoning them for a performance lol

"Polyester Swirl" reminds me of the old G&L bowling ball finishes. Sounds like it was made a completely different way though...

be2b3b2ea01f4aab8cd51cf9d7c994be.jpg

dscn0002-jpg.1619440

I don't remember exactly when they stopped doing them but they were still available when I first heard of Warmoth, which must have been about 2006 or so. Well beyond the 90s, at any rate. I had some money put aside to order one and they took it off the site about a month before I'd saved up enough. Really wanted the pearl one on a flattop LP (brings those back, too! And the doublecut!) with transparent purple over the top.

The Aaron said:
But on a serious note.....anybody else notice the bound f-hole.  :glasses9:

Now THAT would be worth bringing back!

I was just thinking today how much I wish bound F holes were an option!

Kostas said:
Ι have #18 catalog from 1995, they were offering these finishes. It's interesting how much cheaper the finishes were 26 years ago. At the same time the wood was slightly cheaper.

Gk3PtRm.jpg

I'd like to see this option for guitar necks, it's still only a bass option

FQcJkZH.jpg

That $145 in 1995 dollars is the equivalent of $246 today.

Back