Charcoal frost PJ

Jorundr

Finally! After waiting what feels like forever on the customs superheroes, my neck arrived yesterday. I have been playing since. Great fit, super feel and great versatile sound!

The full specs:

One piece lightweight swamp-ash, charcoal frost finish, string through body rout
gotoh 206 bridge (I heard rumors a long while back that they were to be discontinued so i bought one back then. Glad I did, absolutely love it! Just about anything is adjustable, easy. cant believe they are not around anymore.

Seymour duncan quarter pounders both of 'em. I really love them but I'm not sure if they'll stay in forever . Almost too hot, hard to get those real sweet tones out. Incredible output and "rawness" (norwegian-english there) though :toothy10:
the electronics are the usual cts pots, regular wiring but with a sh*t .022 cap thats gotta go

Neck is ebony & wenge. I heard so many good things about that combo in here so i went with it and couldn't be happier. Insane quality! just the right colouring and grain. The feel is super smooth and just lovely to play. The neck is a bit thicker than my jazz-bass but thats only a good thing.  Hipshot Hb-3 tuners, really good. Smooth/steady operation and easy to install, highly recommended.

Big thanks to everyone that answered silly questions! And the rest of you for keeping unofficiallwarmoth such a cool place!

Jorundr

the bros. at left my trusty modded mexo jazz, the two really compliment eachother tone-wise. happy dad :icon_biggrin:

dbw

Agggh, damn you!  I ALMOST bought one of the 206s when they were going away but I decided not to for some reason.  How I regret it :(

Sweet bass!!!

RockStarNick

Those Duncan Quarter Pounders, for ROCK, are oustanding.  Fat, punchy, and tons of Cut.
GREAT looking bass!!!

nathan a

Very cool, I wouldn't normally like that body finish, but seeing it with that nice dark neck wood is really nice.

RIPeturs

looks sweet, but does the neck dive? if it does, IMO its a small price to pay for that tone wood combo

Jorundr

Thanks! The bass is still going strong. It's become a recording veteran and it has done a lot of gigs.

RIPetrus said:
looks sweet, but does the neck dive? if it does, IMO its a small price to pay for that tone wood combo

Yeah, it's a bit neck heavy, but neckdive is really not a problem. I think the swamp ash -  wenge/ebony is a great combo for bass.