Case options for Warmoth Diamondback

OffSetSmith

After doing a little googling and searching around this forum I couldn't find a clear recommendation for a case to fit a Diamondback. The obvious place to start would seem to be to get a ESP Viper case, but that might not be the best option. I recently tried an SKB 1SKB-61 case meant to fit both Vipers and SG's and the Diamonback body I have wouldn't fit into the body area of the case. So my next try will be a Crossrock case meant for Jazzmasters. All the internal dimensions seem like they should work, but I will report back once I know for sure.

For reference, here's a link tot he case I tried, but didn't work: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB61--skb-skb-61

And here is the case I just bought to try: https://www.amazon.com/Crossrock-Electric-Guitar-Case-CRW600JMB/dp/B07PLZHLXH

Like I said above, I will report back about the new case. I hope this helps save someone a little bit of aggravation. Feel free to offer other suggestions or other model cases that worked for you below. Thanks.

index.php

jazzmaster body dimensions.  Gator made a case that fits my warmoth jazzmaster.  I added a little bit more foam wrapped in velvet, about .5 inches, at the bottom right for the lower strap button, and about 1 inch to left, and a strip of stair tread to the outside bottom for balance and durability, when stored upright.  I used that spray on glue.

So basically, the box dimensions for the body are 13 and 3/16 by 19 and 3/16.  What are the box dimensions of your diamond back?

Attachments

• jazzmaster body dimensions.jpg
    jazzmaster body dimensions.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 167
rick2 said:
jazzmaster body dimensions.  Gator made a case that fits my warmoth jazzmaster.  I added a little bit more foam wrapped in velvet, about .5 inches, at the bottom right for the lower strap button, and about 1 inch to left, and a strip of stair tread to the outside bottom for balance and durability, when stored upright.  I used that spray on glue.

So basically, the box dimensions for the body are 13 and 3/16 by 19 and 3/16.  What are the box dimensions of your diamond back?

The body at the longest point was right around 18" and width was right around 13.5" So I got the Jazzmaster/Jag case from Crossrock because the body area was just a rectangle that measures 19" by 14". so it seemed like a safe bet to me, especially considering that it would accommodate the Jags shorter scale and the Diamondback I am building for my friend is Gibson scale, I believe. So I think it should work just fine. But like I said, I will report back once I know for sure... I mainly made this thread so that others who build or own a diamondback will know what cases to use/avoid as I didn't find any clear answers before starting my case quest. Thank you for joining the discussion!

I never considered the crossrock ... Gotta add them to the list.

Thanks!

The Crossrock case appears to be working. so far though I have only been able to set the body in it and set the neck near where it will go, but so far so good. The paint still needs to be sanded back and polished. So it's not together yet. Once I know for sure, I will report back.

Here is the Crossrock case: https://www.amazon.com/Crossrock-Electric-Guitar-Case-CRW600JMB/dp/B07PLZHLXH

Back