Carved top Tele

I

ildar

I don't know, this seems like a no-brainer. I think it would be way more popular than a Soloist carved top, but that's just my opinion I guess. Seeing that another body maker does a Tele like this, why not Warmoth?

I think that it's too much like the LP and VW carved tops to warrant putting one into production.  I personally wouldn't buy one because I think it looks weird.  A Tele is supposed to be a hunk of wood with a single cutout, ashtray bridge, twangy pickup plopped smack dab in the middle of said bridge, and a shiny pickup up yonder by the neck mounted underneath a pickguard.  Making it a carved top 86's the ashtray bridge and the pickguard, and it would cease to be a Tele, it would be some freak of nature hunk of wood with a beer gut that is pretending to be a Tele but isn't really pulling it off because it just isn't cool enough because it's fat.  I also think that single coils look dumb without a pickguard.  The End.

USACG have a curved top tele body in their standard product line but they choose to work with "traditional" woods, that's a disadvantage for me. Custom guitar for me means to do something out of the ordinary, to borrow Leo's design but do it in a very different way. I think the curved tele looks cool as every curved top I have seen. I'm a fan of the tele body, I like it more than the soloist. If Warmoth had a curved tele body as standard, I would do it in korina with top & f-hole, warmoth hollow style, humbuckers, no pickguard.

This is an addition I'd like to see, as also hollow option on jazz/jags.

bpmorton777 said:
Hamer Talladega. that is what you are looking for.

Brian
It seems like a great guitar, like most US Hamers, but $3,800 retail is a big NO! For so much money I want to have the options a company like Warmoth gives me.

Kostas said:
bpmorton777 said:
Hamer Talladega. that is what you are looking for.

Brian
It seems like a great guitar, like most US Hamers, but $3,800 retail is a big NO! For so much money I want to have the options a company like Warmoth gives me.

Exactly. Anyway, most of us are Warmoth customers (at least in part) because we want to avoid the retail guitars. Do I want ro drop $3k-$4k on a "custom" instrument that doesn't have everything exactly the way I want it? Of course not.

+1 for the hollow option carved top Tele. I want one. Now.

I would buy a hollow one too..
I like the Carved top Tele's from Grosh..

http://www.groshguitars.com/cct.htm

Fenders got one too (for much cheaper than 3-4k as well):

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/8/0/503480.jpg

That Fender is a nice looking guitar, but I can buy that or a Strat or Soloist or LP...
I don't want to buy, I want to build.

The Showcase used to have a good mix & ratio of rosewood to maple, vintage to vintage-modern, and over the past few months the mix has changed ramatically. Far fewer maple necks, almost no vintage and fewer vintage-,odern than I recall last time I ordered. I'd like to see it the way it was. I know I'd buy more often, for sure.

Hope I don't get banned for saying this, but USACG sells carved top tele and strat bodies, as well as a dinky strat and dinky tele body. No idea on quality etc.

tfarny said:
Hope I don't get banned for saying this, but USACG sells carved top tele and strat bodies, as well as a dinky strat and dinky tele body. No idea on quality etc.

Yep, that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
With the VW now apparently dead, methinks the time has come for this style from W.

Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele
Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele Carved top Tele

Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole Hollow Carved Top Tele with F-Hole

:icon_biggrin: :toothy12:

Back