Carnival In Trinidad

ocguy106

well apparently it is Carnival time in Trinidad. I didn't know that when I came here to work but it is a definate bonus. Actual Carnival is next Monday but the entire week leading up to it is insane. I don't know, Fernado but they say the one in Trinidad is bigger then Brazil but I have only ever heard of the one in Brazil can you comment?....I will report back once I am sober.

Ken

OK well I will respond to my own thead....Trinidad officialy sux. I went to a concert for Carnival and left early...why you ask cause I got pick pocketed for my camera and my walet. My evening kinda went sounth from there. I had $1000 U.S. in my wallet don't ask me why I knew it was a bad idea but I did it anyway. well long story short I have another day here and NO MONEY so I can't eat tomorrow and there is a exit tax to leave which I can't pay... I think when I am sober tomorrow I will be even more upset then I am right now.

Ken

ocguy106 said:
don't know, Fernado but they say the one in Trinidad is bigger then Brazil but I have only ever heard of the one in Brazil can you comment?....I will report back once I am sober.

Ken

Only if trinidad is bigger than Brazil here is 180 million people on 1 week party.... :laughing7:

Well, in any place of the world a foreign will be recognize quickly and on South America and Africa and other third world countries, you'll get ****** that quickly :tard: On the first world depends a little of where you're on the city, on the wrong place is just as fast... :laughing7:

Girls have a good anti-pickpocket system... hiding cash in your bra.  And we have an even better system for people who try to rob that... pepper spray! 

Sorry though dude, that blows.  I've been robbed before, it's one of the worst feelings ever. 

That wasn't the raffle money was it?  Of course I am just kidding.  Sorry, man that does suck.

Forgot to add, I was sleepy...

What I do when going on parties, concerts, etc:

Usually only carry ID card and money, like would put R$20/30 on pocket and the rest on socks, underwear, etc... If a pick-pocket comes he takes only the smaller part...

;)

In third world countries it's also a very bad idea to overdo the booze bit if you're outside a secure area. It helps to draw a lot of unwelcome attention and makes you even more vulnerable than you already are.

ByteFrenzy said:
In third world countries it's also a very bad idea to overdo the booze bit if you're outside a secure area. It helps to draw a lot of unwelcome attention and makes you even more vulnerable than you already are.

To me it's pretty much on entire world :)
Of course you'll be safer in a european city, but as I said, foreigns are recognized pretty much on first sight... Even I can be misinterpreted as foreign in Brazil and even I know a guy is american or european on first look and I'm no damn bandit...

The best approach to not have surprise is: chill, but not dream on... stay aware of what's going on... my thing on divide the money in places is cool too, pick-pockets only go on easy target (aka volumes on pockets of large trousers)...
That's why I don't use wallets on crownded places, just the ID and money, that's what you need to not get arrested and to survive a night...

To bad for you Ken, you should have ask advices about third world... :sad1:

Some time ago I watched an item about pickpockets on tv. What I found very enlightening was when they explained how the pickpockets actually make use of the signs warning people of pickpockets. When people see such a sign they immediately start checking if their vluables are still safely in place. This makes it easier for the pickpocket to know how to target his intended victim...

Back