candy tangerine

whastus

hi i want to build a 7/8 strat in candy tangerine, just having a tough time deciding the pickguard color, i'm thinking a tortoise shell one for me. Anybody done this? i'd love to see some pictures, or any other combinations with candy tangerine bodies, Thanks

Candy tangerine is an amazing color, you'll love it. When thinking about the pickguard color, maybe also consider what fretboard + neck woods you plan to use, also plastics (pickups, knobs). For example, with a dark fretboard I think mint green pickguard might be better than a dark pickguard like tortoise. It's all down to personal taste, of course. I'd play around with the Fender mod shop tool. Start by choosing the candy tangerine body color option and then you can explore a lot of combinations with other parts of the guitar.

Candy tangerine is an amazing color, you'll love it. When thinking about the pickguard color, maybe also consider what fretboard + neck woods you plan to use, also plastics (pickups, knobs). For example, with a dark fretboard I think mint green pickguard might be better than a dark pickguard like tortoise. It's all down to personal taste, of course. I'd play around with the Fender mod shop tool. Start by choosing the candy tangerine body color option and then you can explore a lot of combinations with other parts of the guitar.
thanks for turning me on to the Fender mod shop tool! great help, i really miss how you used to be able to do that here on the Warmoth site

It's more dependent on the neck woods than other colors.

Here's what I did:
20211009_144118.jpg
I really like aged white plastics.

They go so well with an older, naturally aged MOP pickguard.

fretboard to match and fit the aesthetic I was going for.

I can't believe this one is 15 years old.

Back