Canary Black Tele

DrTeeth

Here she is! I finally finished the matte black t-style guitar a few weeks ago. The spec’s are as follows:

Body: Swamp Ash with a Matte Black finish (a showcase body from Warmoth)
Neck: Unfinished Canary with gold frets (a showcase neck from Warmoth)
Tuners: Hipshot Locking Tuners in Gold
Bridge: Schroeder Gold Tele Bridge
Remaining Hardware: StewMac Gold
Pick Guard: Warmoth Pearl Tele Pickguard
Pickups: BareKnuckle True Grit Neck and Bridge set

First of all, I know the black is plain and because of this, it may not be qualification enough for a “primo” build, but the class of the matte black body, figured neck, the gold hardware and frets is just too slick. If a tuxedo were a guitar, this would be one worthy of a high society shindig. The beautifully figured canary neck is simply stunning with shades of gold, red and blonde throughout. The artistry of the Schroeder scalloped bridge gives this Tele an air of sophistication that no other bridge could (not to mention a good transfer of string vibration!). When you top it off with the BareKnuckle pickups, she sings as good as she looks. I have never in my life felt an electric guitar as much as I’ve heard it. This guitar resonates throughout the entire body with a sustain that can only be described as unifying. The entire guitar seems to reverberate with each pluck of the string. This is truly a special guitar and I am so thankful to Warmoth for paying such good attention to its manufacture. Thanks for your consideration!

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 34
What is your opinion of the canary? How does it compare to maple?
Honestly, I bought the canary because I didn’t want to have to finish a neck or pay to have it done. I also wanted something that had some character but, again, didn’t want to spend the money on a figured piece of maple.

With that said, I have 6 maple neck guitars and I can’t honestly say that canary is that much different. Really, it is more the entire guitar that determines playability and the canary neck just doesn’t seem to contribute any more or take any less away from a similar maple build when taken as a whole. However, if you are looking for a wood that has lots of character but is also affordable, you cannot go wrong with canary in my opinion.

Back