Can Warmoth do Angled Pickup routs?

PitchShifter

I've got a little mock up of the effect I'm after below.
Among the pickup rout options is an AH (Angled Humbucker). The Strat SSS routing has an angled bridge pickup slot. Anyone know if the angled S bridge rout can be moved to the neck & middle positions with a bridge AH to create an angled effect like below?

(imagine the P90 is a HB)

{edit:spelling & grammar!}

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Yeah they do.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_pickups_routing.cfm

Slow down buddy  :redflag:

All the options you see on that link are for Warmoths CNC programmed layouts. To combine 3 angled pickups like the OPs mock up would almost certainly incur an upcharge. Not to mention a custom one-off pickguard.

Wyliee, Gregg...waddayareckon?

willyk said:
All the options you see on that link are for Warmoths CNC programmed layouts. To combine 3 angled pickups like the OPs mock up would almost certainly incur an upcharge. Not to mention a custom one-off pickguard.

Wyliee, Gregg...waddayareckon?

Yep, that's really my question.  Any upcharge I can handle. It's more whether the program can be re-configured, or manually set to do a rout like that. The compatability of the three together. *fingers crossed*

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
But i don't get the point of having an angled pickup

I don't get Strats with Tele control plates  :icon_thumright:

But i don't get the point of having an angled pickup

Maybe cause he thinks it looks really cool? I don't exactly "get" Jason Lollar "authentic vintage" telecaster pickups with a flamed caterpillarburst korina Telecaster*, but you can't beat a dead horse to water. :icon_scratch:

I'd guess it'd be a $45 upcharge, but I'll bet those guys at Warmoth would actually know!

*(Don' choo dare fergit the Floyd Rose....)

I think the angled pickup gives you a little more twang.  The pickup under the high E is closer to the bridge so it is a little brighter.  For chords I think it has a bit more sparkle.  The high end is a bit higher, but the low end stays the same.  It is one of the reasons I love Teles.

If it isn't a bridge pickup I can't imagine it would make much of a difference, because the variance in the distance to bridge from the high E to the low E would be small compared to total distance of the pickup from the bridge.

David said:
I think the angled pickup gives you a little more twang.  The pickup under the high E is closer to the bridge so it is a little brighter.  For chords I think it has a bit more sparkle.  The high end is a bit higher, but the low end stays the same.  It is one of the reasons I love Teles.
Why don't you just higher the pickup on the side that has the high E, unless you want that look.

I want the twang and I like the look. I've always been a fan of the aesthetic appeal of the Reverend Rumblefish basses and the Gibson Nighthawk.

sx-gibson-nighthawk-standard-02585529.jpg

rpj_gld_jpg.jpg

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
David said:
Why don't you just higher the pickup on the side that has the high E, unless you want that look.

Raising the height of the high E will make it louder, but it won't change the tone.  You can hear the difference I am talking about by plucking the strings and moving closer to the bridge.  As you get closer to the bridge you will hear the difference.

Back