Can I......

mullyman

Can I order a Strat body and have it routed for a Tele bridge? I mean, I know it's possible, but will Warmoth do that? Curious. Anyone here ever done it? I saw Sonny Landreth on Crossroads 2010 with one and it looked pretty good.
MULLY

Not a Warmoth, but Alabama's guitar player has one too.  This one looks a bastardization that crosses several genres.  A Hendrix looking reverse headstock, a Tele bridge, and Sambora Star inlays.

AlabamaTeleStrat.jpg

I asked once, and there was no upcharge, just the wait, as it had to stand in line to get built.  I ended up with a thinline.  That was a WHILE ago (90's).

And yah.... a Strat with a Tele bridge and nice sweet toned, thick tele bridge pickup, instead of those shrill Strat units.  Thats a great idea.

=CB= said:
And yah.... a Strat with a Tele bridge and nice sweet toned, thick tele bridge pickup, instead of those shrill Strat units.  Thats a great idea.

I thought these days in doing a recessed Tele bridge, so you could put the pickguard above it...

NonsenseTele said:
I thought these days in doing a recessed Tele bridge, so you could put the pickguard above it...

That sounds like a big pain in the ass.  Recess the bridge, the saddle height adjust screws risk not being tall enough, not to mention the logistics of mounting all of that and the pickup.  Just get a Tele bridge route and use the Glendale Tele half bridge hardtail part or get the Strat flat mount (hardtail) and fab the Strat pickguard to hold the Tele bridge pickup.  Recessing the bridge under the pickguard also elimnates the use of the Ashtray type bridge.  There's any number of ways to do it.

The Jerry Donahue Strat had a Tele voiced Strat bridge pickup complete with copperplate on the bottom of the pickup.

Funky Phil said:
http://www.guitarsetup.co.uk/warmoth-stele.php

Which if u look on another page is for sale for 1000, Theres no stupid talk with that price,  :laughing7:

Good luck in your tele strat mully  :icon_thumright:

Funky Phil said:
http://www.guitarsetup.co.uk/warmoth-stele.php

Interesting. I'm not going to go so far as the controls and the scratch plate though. I want it to be all Strat except the bridge. I'm thinking of going with the Babicz tele bridge.
MULLY

Back