Can anyone reccomend a guitar case...

One would assume as Jackson case would work quite nicely, like this one.  However, you know what assuming does...  A regular Strat/universal case will work great too.  I've got an SKB case with TSA latches that is exceptionally nice (this one).  The heavy duty,fiberglass latches are very sturdy and stand up to abuse MUCH better than the flimsy metal latches most everyone uses.

edited to fix broken link***

wouldn't any strat type case do the trick?  Just get a used one off of ebay.  The regular skb's and tkl's will work just fine.  If you're looking for something more portable, try a tribal planet gig bag. 

Probably.  I just wanted to get a case that fits the Soloist body well, so it's not "sliding around" in there. Some of the universal cases don't always fit correctly. Obviously a Jackson case would fit perfectly, but since this is a custom guitar, I don't want the case to say "Jackson" on it, and I don't know if Jackson even sells cases separately (although I would assume they do)...

TKL is good for a hard case. 

If you're interested in getting a gig bag, these are the nicest ones I've ever come across: http://www.monocase.com/mono-electric-guitar.asp They're kind of like a hybrid gig bag/hardcase, and they are really lightweight. 

If you're more interested in a flight case, Calzone is supposed to be amazing. 

A word about SKB cases, for any who have not used them: they are heavy as hell, in my opinion. Great protection for yo' geetars, though I have experienced a latch breaking off for NO reason, just a defective latch. They sent me a new latch.

I have an SKB case for my tele, and when I have to carry it any distance, I use a back-axe.  It's a sort of strappy thing that turns your case into a back pack.  That way I have portability, plus hands free.

nathana said:
A word about SKB cases, for any who have not used them: they are heavy as hell, in my opinion. Great protection for yo' geetars, though I have experienced a latch breaking off for NO reason, just a defective latch. They sent me a new latch.
I'm digging the new latches they started offering last summer.  They seem pretty damn durable.

If you are serious you should check out the tribal planet gig bags, they'll survive in the belly of an airplane.

SKB.  I love the new cases with the molded latches.  I've had SKB cases fall out of the back of a truck at highway speeds and not even crack.

Back