calling jackthehack and other experts re: Rosewood Tele body

buckallred

I think I have decided to step up and spend some $$ on what I think will be a super nice guitar: a Warmoth tele in full rosewood. Unfinished rosewood neck and Rosewood body in clear gloss. Certainly it will be indian rosewood due to the cost. I expect the body to be in the $700-800 range, at the very least. IRW necks look to be around $250 - $300.

The idea is a general tribute to the George Harrison tele, though I don't much care for the maple laminate in the middle that his had, i think I would rather just have the chunk o' rosewood. I might also go with a more modern bridge, though I might change my mind.

The question, or the first of several: I am considering a chambered body, as I have heard that solid rosewood bodies are very heavy. What are the pros and cons here? I have never played a chambered tele body. Mainly, I am looking for someone who knows to assure me that this would not be a huge mistake. 

Any other input or ideas would be appreciated. Pickups? Bridge? other details? let's hear it.

There are plenty of Rosewood Tele bodies in the body showcase right now. Looks like non chambered starts at around 7 lbs! There is even a couple 'Harrison' ones at 7lbs 11oz $995..

The chambered bodies, be they Strat/Tele/other tend to be a bit more resonant especially when playing at volume, I prefer them to solid bodies personally. There's a nice selection of both types in the Showcase right now, I'd go one of the lighter chambered ones if I was ordering...

Thanks, Mr. Hack. It's a bit of an iffy thing, dropping $800 on a body when you've never handled a chambered body before.

What is the deal with the maple laminate sandwich on the George Harrison tele anyway? Is it just for looks or what? Seems kind of odd, really. . .

buckallred said:
Thanks, Mr. Hack. It's a bit of an iffy thing, dropping $800 on a body when you've never handled a chambered body before.

What is the deal with the maple laminate sandwich on the George Harrison tele anyway? Is it just for looks or what? Seems kind of odd, really. . .

I would go for Mahogany with a rosewood neck, oh wait... I did!  :blob7:

buckallred said:

You've got a 10 day return policy....

dwayneed said:

[/quote]

Where are the pics???

buckallred said:
dwayneed said:

Where are the pics???
[/quote]

On order still... See Invader Tele thread in the Tele forum.  :doh:

Back