Buzz Feiten?

Charchuk

Has anyone put a Buzz Feiten tuning system on a warmoth?  I'm going to put together a 5 string jazz style bass with a TK5 bridge.

I am not too familiar with the Buzz Feiten system, but i don't think that such a thing exists on a bass.

My solution is to play fretless. :icon_biggrin: Your intonation can be dead on perfect if your a good player. (Unfortunately, i am not a good player :sad:)

BTW, this should not be posted in the gallery section.

Its definitely available for bass, Washburn makes some of their basses with it pre-installed.  As for tuning i agree having good technique and ear is very important, more so than good gear.  If i have the option of building a bass that will be in tune perfectly ill go for it however.  Having a fancy exotic bass is nice but if its not in tune, or if its difficult to play then its not going to sound good.  This bass is going to be all about stability and playability.  I have a good preamp, pickups and technique so i think the tone will be good no matter what wood it is.  A friend of mine has a warwick with an all wenge neck (fretted) and he has played overseas in places like Dubai and tropical climates and such.  He hasn't had a problem with the neck wood shifting and messing up intonation.  Good tone on that bass too.  I'm pretty sure about wenge for the neck now, i have a stingray and its neck is maple.  Since wenge is quite different than maple ill end up with more bass tones to use.

I guess I'm kind of continuing my other post in another post.

Charchuk said:
Its definitely available for bass, Washburn makes some of their basses with it pre-installed.

Wow! Really? That's a really cool idea, but i have never seen any mention of it on Talkbass, so i wonder how big it sells.
If you like the Buzz Feiten system, and you can get it on your bass, i would say go for it.

Yea im planning on getting it set up and assembled professionally and theres a buzz feiten licensed store 3 hours away from me.  I just e-mailed them - i might get my parts shipped to them too.

It is sort of like a Earvana set up, but you have to slightly alter the tunings as well.  It requires a good tuner, or at least they say it does.  Never heard one personally, but they have been around for a while so it must do something.
Patrick

Back