broken side truss-rod adjuster nut...

brownsound79

i accidently break my side truss-rod adjustment,.. now it is in fully tighten position.... can i still use my neck...??? how about just using the botom one...??

IT HURTS..!!!!

Ferden12TRA.jpg

Yes, your neck will work just fine by simply adjusting the main truss rod nut at the base of the heel.  :icon_smile:

sounds to me like an excuse to upgrade to a Goncalo Alves Neck. :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

I don't want to offend anyone but I think that I should let you all know how the sideadjust is intended to work. First the sideadjust was designed and intended to make minor adjustments to the truss rod to account for seasonal shifts in the neck and minor set up adjustments. The sideadjust was not made to aggressively move the neck (think of it as a fine tuning device). The nut in the heel of the neck is what should be used for  initial setup and any major adjustment that may need to be made to the neck. To put you guys at ease we sell thousands of Warmoth Pro necks a year with sideadjust and we very rarely have issues (like 1 or 2 a year) and typically they are a result of operator error (now mind you I am not saying it's always operator error). If you are having to really torque on the sideadjust STOP. Take the neck off reset the sideadust per the instruction that come with the neck or that can be found on the web site. Then use the heel nut to straighten the neck, restring check neck for relief. If you only have minor adjustment to make use the sideadjust if you still have a good ways to go before the neck is where you want it take if off again and use the heel nut. Hope this helps. :guitaristgif:

Sean

Thanks Sean for that answer.
I know it will help

I like the dual adjustable system but I also like the skunk stripe of the old system, that is what tears at me.

Back