Brent Mason replica

i like the look of the creme humbucker ring on the black pickguard. Nicebuild! :headbang:

Yeah - everything is mismateched... but I bet it sounds great. Any clips and more detail on the build?

Hey guys thanks for all the replies!  I actually know Brent personally, I met him  through a friend of mine that use to play guitar for Billy Currington. I took the guitar to Nashville one night while he was playing at Third & Lindsley, Brent liked it.  My friend Jamie Michael, former guitarist for Billy, has a actual Valley Arts model & we compared them while he was playing a gig.... Needless to say my Warmoth Tele blew the Valley Arts smooth out of the water! In the neck position I have a real vintage Gibson Mini, a Razor strat pickup in the middle (which u can purchase at All-Parts & it's hotter & has a better tone than the Seymour Duncan that's in the Valley Arts, Jamie replaced his middle pickup with a Razor last week) & in the bridge i have the Seymour Duncan vintage lead.  I've talked to Brent guitar tech Joe Glaser & we plan on putting a B-bender in it soon.

I've been curious - how does the electronics/switching work? One extra knob & another switch? I bought an etxra blank Tele control plate, and I've always felt that one flaw of the standard plate (HERESY!!! We all know Leo was absolutely perfect in all ways.... :toothy12:) ahem, one characteristic of the standard Tele control plate is that THE BLADE SWITCH TAKES UP WAY TOO MUCH ROOM. Ahem. I can fit three pickups of any sort and all kinds of wiring into hollow  ol' Gleamo with just a pickguard change.

S6300143.jpg

BoyNashville said:
Needless to say my Warmoth Tele blew the Valley Arts smooth out of the water!

Interesting, because the neck and body from Valley Arts use to be made by Warmoth...

I didn't know Valley Arts had Warmoth building that products at one time, maybe they should have kept using them lol... The necks on the Brent's Valley Arts guitar are way to thick for my taste but every musician is different tho!

I think they still uses, but I'm not 100% sure and Warmoth can't say a word about...
perhaps someone knows here if (and when, in the case) warmoth stopped building the neck/bodies to them

Lovin both the teles pictured in this thread....like the razor pickup, maybe try something like that out on my strat, Im planning a couple custom pickguards for swapping around on my guitar as well, and the Razor seems nice....nice job!  :icon_thumright:

Very cool guitars. I really like them both. I have a carved top tele in as a work in progress. Hopefully it will look as slick as these two.  :rock-on:

Back