bowbnbnhi

Tweed

Why are the new canary necks "so" expensive? I thought the price was in the range of the other 'unfinished woods; like $247

the bass necks are only 263

http://warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=bass&filters=true&start=1&numResults=20&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

don't tell any one, i might want one.

i wanted to ask the same question......but im guessing it is because canary does come in all the time? it avalible RIGHT now and people will pay for it because they are fantastic

The world's exotic wood supply is dwindling. You see less and less raw material available on the market to buy. Nobody wants to farm a Wenge tree for 300 years. What you'll be noticing now is the continual price escalation for US made exotic wood products.  So if you've been thinking about an all Wenge, Goncalo, Canary or Rosewood neck, now would be the time to get it and stash it for a future product. Now meaning like this next week....hint hint. :icon_thumright:

Gregg Stewart said:
... So if you've been thinking about an all Wenge, Goncalo, Canary or Rosewood neck, now would be the time to get it and stash it for a future product. Now meaning like this next week....hint hint. :icon_thumright:
Do you mean your supply of these woods is getting smaller and the next supply will be more expensive?

I am meaning to suggest you will be seeing prices for products made of exotic woods go up very soon. Warmoth has already been paying more for raw materials but Warmoth selling prices have not kept up. A long overdue price change a'cometh.

well, as you know my last project went missing and never returned (i lost it / it was stolen) so maybe you could take pity on a pour soul and give me a ball park time for the price rise so i can save up to buy replacements :S

If you been following pricing, ALL wood materials, even pine lumber at Home Depot has been going up continuously for a long time. Most of the exotic woods come from tropical/rainforest type parts of the world and supply is dwindling due to conservation, and a move in the third world to try to get havesting to a sustainable level. Additionally, all this wood is imported and the value of the dollar has at the same time been going down as the supplies of wood have been increasing.

In some instances there is almost no new, or extremely little of some wood species from some coutries available now. Madagascar has almost eliminated any harvest of ebony for export, for example.  Too much Indian Rosewood is being harvested and wasted on furniture manufacture; you will see that pricing continue to escalate. ( If you live in a big city, firebomb any "Indian Rosewoood" furniture stores AFTER you pull out any pieces of furniture suitable for rework into bodies.necks!!!!)

That used Pau Ferro/purplrheart/ebony neck some idiot sold me for $250 went for $276 in the Showcase ad about 18-20 months agohe saved and put in the eBay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230166663567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

That same neck would probably run more than $350 raw from Warmoth today

Back