Body Design: Prince's Cloud

Twanking45

The cloud guitar, as seen in "purple rain" and the video for the song "cream."
There's something about that guitar.

Yes, there is something about them, but they look kinda intimidating unless you can be a showman to match the pretence of the instrument, like Prince is. All those curls and horns would make the CNC programming interesting!

I believe they are stock EMG pickups loaded into his guitar (SA/85 combo?).

This one too please

abstract-symbol-01.jpg

"I believe they are stock EMG pickups loaded into his guitar (SA/85 combo?)."
                    -OzziePete

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. But the great thing about warmoth is their flexibility as far as pickup routs go. I'd probably go for a set of kinman tele p'ups.

"they look kinda intimidating unless you can be a showman to match the pretense of the instrument,"  -Ozziepete

Yeah, you are indeed correct. To play a guitar like that you'd AT THE VERY LEAST have to put on a dayglo paisley shirt and rock a rhinestone-studded codpiece.

Prince is an AWESOME guitarist, and he plays a lot of other instruments too.  :rock-on:

Edit: Plus he can wear whatever he wants and it automatically becomes cool.  My favorite Prince outfits are the coat with one long tail that he wore on the Musicology tour, and the frilly one Chappelle wears in that basketball sketch :D

bpmorton777 said:
dont know how you would sand or finish the insides of those curls.

Brian

Maybe with a sanding belt on a band saw?  :icon_scratch:

i don't know how anybody could actually have the nerve to get on a stage and play THAT even if they are a good guitarist...

A friend of mine worked the stage design and setup for Prince's superbowl hafltime show. Apparently he is a FREAK - you're not allowed to look at him or talk to him for any reason, even if you're designing his stage show, and all visual efffects must work to make him appear taller, yet you cannot mention that fact openly. For instance, lights come up from the floor making him cast a big shadow etc. He does rock a mean guitar though.

Now you can buy one too!!
for on $24!

http://www.axeheaven.com/consumer/AdvancedProductSearch.aspx?BrandId=26

http://www.axeheaven.com/Rock_Stars/index.aspx

Back