Blue Wash Flamed Maple Z Body

ninjachef

Hello there everyone... I have a second build started.  It is a flamed maple Z body.  I decided to attempt a blue wash of sorts.  More ambitiously, I went for a faux masked binding, however, the curves of the body are such I essentially decided I was going to have to do it by hand.  No sanding sealer, I even tried to keep the 3 woods as is in the bottom horn.  NOT EASY.  Here are the pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0626[1].JPG
    IMG_0626[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0629[1].JPG
    IMG_0629[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0633[1].JPG
    IMG_0633[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0635[1].JPG
    IMG_0635[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0639[1].JPG
    IMG_0639[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Specifications:

Reverse Right Warhead Neck, Flamed Maple fretbooard/Flamed Maple Neck, Azurite Malachite Dots, SS6150 Frets
Blue Sperzel Locking Tuners
5 way Switch
1 Volume
1 Tone
Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders Set
Iron Age Guitar Accessories Chrome Mini Killswitch
Tone Pros TOM Bridge
Custom Neckplate
Custom Backplate

Will post pictures of all parts once everything hits my door...

Awesome! Though, are you sure you have enough flame maple? Do you think you need some more?

Very nice job.

If that just the one application of blue we are seeing there or did you sand back and dye a second time?

DMRACO said:
Very nice job.

If that just the one application of blue we are seeing there or did you sand back and dye a second time?

My terminology isn't up to par, but I did sand back once.  I put on Angelus Blue first, sanded back and then put on Fiebings Turquoise last.  Is a wash technically just one color?  :dontknow:

ninjachef said:
DMRACO said:
Very nice job.

My terminology isn't up to par, but I did sand back once.  I put on Angelus Blue first, sanded back and then put on Fiebings Turquoise last.  Is a wash technically just one color?  :dontknow:

That is what I meant.  :icon_thumright:

Dark blue than a lighter blue second.  It will really pop with the clear.

The neck came in today so I went ahead and mounted the tuners...pics follow.  Warhead right reverse...

Attachments

• IMG_0655[1].JPG
    IMG_0655[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0654[1].JPG
    IMG_0654[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0653[1].JPG
    IMG_0653[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
DMRACO said:
So cool.  Where did you get those tuners??  Anodized??

Yeah, just your standard Sperzel locking tuners.  High quality and sweet color options!  They can even be customized in all kinds of colors, but it is difficult finding places that do it.  I got these from Reverb.

5 coats out of 12 of tru oil...

Attachments

• IMG_0656[1].JPG
    IMG_0656[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0657[1].JPG
    IMG_0657[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
8 coats...last 2-3 go on today. Should be done.  Waiting on the pickups...here today hopefully. Edited!

Attachments

• IMG_0661[1].JPG
    IMG_0661[1].JPG
    788.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0676[1].JPG
    IMG_0676[1].JPG
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 19
Back