Blue Burst Tele

bob7point7

OK, so I'm kinda cheating by posting this as a new project, because most of the parts came from the Tele I posted here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6645.0

But here is the latest incarnation. It has a chambered swamp ash body finished by Warmoth and an all rosewood standard thin Tele neck with abalone inlays. The pickups are SD P-Rails

That is sweet, and great pics too. Nice work. I'm curious about the switching - you've got about 375 coil combos on that thing, how does the switching work?

I like the P-Rails pretty well. The P90 and series humbucker sounds are my favorites, but the strat and parallel bucker sounds are useful. I've fallen into the trap of adding tons of switching options to my guitars before (like my other Warmoth which sported two 5-way rotary switches for a while), so I kept this one pretty simple. There is a toggle switch which selects between a bank of high output or low output sounds, and a 5-way strat switch to select among the options in each bank. With the toggle switch up, the 5-way switch works as follows:
1. Bridge P90
2. Bridge Series Humbucker
3. Both P90's in parallel
4. Neck Series Humbucker
5. Neck P90

With the toggle down, the options are:
1. Bridge Parallel Humbucker
2. Bridge Strat Rail
3. Both Strat Rails in parallel
4. Neck Strat Rail
5. Neck Parallel Humbucker

This way I can get all of the sounds I use most often with the toggle switch up, so I'm only using the 5-way in a live situation.

I liiiiikkkkke it !    :glasses9:
I'm anxious to try those P-Rails myself some day...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Very very nice, my kind of beauty. Probably next guitar in my stand will also be a blue "beast". :icon_thumright:

bob7point7 said:
I like the P-Rails pretty well. The P90 and series humbucker sounds are my favorites, but the strat and parallel bucker sounds are useful. I've fallen into the trap of adding tons of switching options to my guitars before (like my other Warmoth which sported two 5-way rotary switches for a while), so I kept this one pretty simple. There is a toggle switch which selects between a bank of high output or low output sounds, and a 5-way strat switch to select among the options in each bank. With the toggle switch up, the 5-way switch works as follows:
1. Bridge P90
2. Bridge Series Humbucker
3. Both P90's in parallel
4. Neck Series Humbucker
5. Neck P90

With the toggle down, the options are:
1. Bridge Parallel Humbucker
2. Bridge Strat Rail
3. Both Strat Rails in parallel
4. Neck Strat Rail
5. Neck Parallel Humbucker

This way I can get all of the sounds I use most often with the toggle switch up, so I'm only using the 5-way in a live situation.

I would LOVE to see how you wired that! can you please post a diagram?

PS: lovely, lovely piece of wood!

Me too - that must have been a serious piece of guitar wiring and the diagram would be awesome.
I can't figure out how you could do that with one super switch and one on/on dpdt.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! I attached the switching schematic (the volume and tone are just wired like a standard Tele, but with 500K pots). This one was a little bit of a challenge to figure out, but I set out with the goal of not having any push-pull pots on this guitar and this is what I came up with.

Thanks,
-Bobbie

bob7point7 said:
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! I attached the switching schematic (the volume and tone are just wired like a standard Tele, but with 500K pots). This one was a little bit of a challenge to figure out, but I set out with the goal of not having any push-pull pots on this guitar and this is what I came up with.

Thanks,
-Bobbie
wow, not to complicated! butttt... where/which switch is it/did you buy it?

Orpheo,
The super switch and toggle are both from stewmac.com. Here's the link to the super switch:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/Super_Switch.html
I have one of these in my Strat as well, and I've been really happy with the quality.

Thanks,
-Bobbie

Back