Blackstar Fly Mini

Rick

Epic Member
I don't know how often this happens to you but in the summer, after the bbq and we're chillin' with a cocktail, my wife will say, play us a song, and I was always tethered to an acoustic.  I never lugged out my combo, cause it weighed too much, plus I had to plug it in.

Over the past 6 months I've been trying battery powered mini amps (including pignose, katana and orange) and came across the Blackstar Mini, and I can say it's awesome.  It sounds great, no fizz and runs on batteries.  With the same effort it takes to take out the acoustic I can now go electric.  Sure it's small, but for the purpose of cranking out some tunes on the patio after dinner, it fits the bill.
Cheers
(The picture is not from my backyard as it still has a few spots of snow, I believe it's somewhere in England)

Attachments

• fly-use-bbq.jpg
    fly-use-bbq.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 275
I got one of those as well and I agree, it sounds great.
It also works great recording directly into your recorder of choice using the built-in headphone jack.
Sounds way more huge than it's size.

For something so small, it sounds so good, and it doesn't sound like a toy, it's a real sounding amp, and it just costs $51.50 (that's how much I paid for it at Guitar Center, they matched Musician's Friend).  The power adapter costs $22.50.

Ya gotta love tiny amps that punch above their weight :icon_thumright:

That cook-out looks amazing but some1 should be keepin an eye on that barbecue. A family jam band is no reason for burnt food

Back