Black Sabbath Reform

Updown

Well it had to happen, well it was the biggest rumor of 2011.
Original line up ........ Holy crap  :eek:  they are all still alive & kicking.

Oh man I saw these guys in November 1974 at the Sydney Horden Pavillon (commonly known as the cow shed)  :laughing7:
Probably more than 1/2 the people here weren't even born then  :icon_biggrin:

Ozzie was falling all about then, suppose he'll have a walking stick holding him up this time around or even a wheel chair.
http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/article.aspx?id=684492&vId=2844567&cId=Showbiz

Let the good times rock & roll  :party07:

Your thoughts ?
:rock-on:

Updown said:
Your thoughts ?
:rock-on:

Maybe interesting - time will tell. A lot of the original singers in the old bands are starting to sound very worn (naturally). Ozzy was never the greatest singer for starters - but you can't take away his legacy or the bands as a whole. And when the best Sabbath constellation is not longer possible I say - give it a go.  :evil4:

Black Sabbath performed excellently when I saw them in 1999.
Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, John Osbourne ftw.  The video screen had some great early 70's trippy filters on them to boot.

I saw them back in the '70s and they were awful. I'd heard garage bands do their stuff better. Maybe they were stoned out of their gourds. Lord knows even if you didn't partake you could get a contact high at most concerts back in those days. But, Leslie West and Mountain were the warm-up act and they were superb, so it all worked out.

It was funny - there were actually two warm-ups and we didn't know it. First one was awful, and we thought it was Leslie West and so were highly disappointed. Next band (which actually was Leslie West's) was much, much better. Thought it was Sabbath, and was surprised again because nobody expected that kind of performance out of them. Then, of course, finally Sabbath came on and was unmistakeable, if poorly presented.

I saw them in Portland, ME in 1978. They were backed up by a new band we had barely heard of called Van Halen. Van Halen was better but I still liked seeing Sabbath. my friend recorded the whole concert on his pocket sized cassette tape recorder. Boy do I feel old.

Cagey said:
I saw them back in the '70s and they were awful. I'd heard garage bands do their stuff better. Maybe they were stoned out of their gourds. Lord knows even if you didn't partake you could get a contact high at most concerts back in those days. But, Leslie West and Mountain were the warm-up act and they were superb, so it all worked out.

It was funny - there were actually two warm-ups and we didn't know it. First one was awful, and we thought it was Leslie West and so were highly disappointed. Next band (which actually was Leslie West's) was much, much better. Thought it was Sabbath, and was surprised again because nobody expected that kind of performance out of them. Then, of course, finally Sabbath came on and was unmistakeable, if poorly presented.

The same thing that happened to Black Sabbath was the same thing that I heard Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith say what happened to them. When you started making money, you upgraded from buying your dope in a film tube (you know you're getting old at 29 when you can still remember when there was such a thing called camera film and it came in little black tubes) to getting your dope in bigger plastic bags, and they wound up going mad.

I gotta give Ozzy credit--once they were able to get his tremors under control (which were actually proved to be partially hereditary) and he found a straight doctor, he's actually looked pretty good. He's not shuffling around or stammering as bad. Sure, he still speaks like he has a mouth full of marbles when he doesn't think about enunciating his words, but I've seen him actually take human-like strides when he walks.

The big suprise to me isn't getting Ozzy in shape enough to do Sabbath, but getting Billy Ward in the mindset to tour again. I've heard somewhere he's still a little pissed off about being set on fire so many times.

Iommi has lymphoma.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/01/09/black-sabbath-guitarist-tony-iommi-diagnosed-with-lymphoma/

Back