Black Korina Jazzmaster

grak

Hi everyone...I've received my Jazzmaster body this week and have just put the first coat of tung oil on it today....smells like a salad!!

Attachments

• IMG_3534.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
Welcome to the forum!

Nice looking body! Interesting mount you've got there.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this! Looks like it's going to be a very cool guitar  :guitaristgif:

SlartiBartfast said:
Looking forward to seeing the progress on this! Looks like it's going to be a very cool guitar  :guitaristgif:
+1, what he said.... :icon_biggrin:

A few more pics of the Jazzmaster body ..also a trial fit of the hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_3540s.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3542s.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3546s.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 44
The pickguard assembly is quite weighty with the copper shielding on the back!  I am using a fairly standard maple /rosewood showcase neck that I am finishing in nitro. It has a 59 roundback profile and SS6115 stainless frets..If I  am happy with the way this guitar sounds, I will probably invest in a more exotic neck. The pickups are SD antiquity 2's and the switching is standard Jazzmaster..Most of the other hardware is Fender.

I'm getting near the pointy end of this build. A final dummy assemble and a few photos before I start to string and set up the guitar...hoping all goes to plan!!!

Attached are a few photos..

Attachments

• IMG_3551s.JPG
    932.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3552s.JPG
    862.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3554s.JPG
    435.4 KB · Views: 35
Looking great  :icon_thumright:
Thats a very nice piece of BK lumber you have there.  :eek:  should sound beautiful when completed  :guitarplayer2:

I love the look of this one. Nice move, replacing the lower bout slide switches with a toggle.

Still hate that vibrato tailpiece, though. Looks ok. Attractive, even. But, it's a terrible design mechanically so they don't work worth a tinker's damn. Frustrating little buggers. Maybe someday Mastery or Schaller will design something that looks very similar or the same but actually works. I'll bet they'd sell a pile of them, not only to new builders who'd finally be able to use that body style but existing users who've always wondered what it would be like to have a guitar that stays in tune and has a functional vibrato.

I know of all the idiosyncrasies of this style of guitar,including the rhythm circuit etc. But that's what makes this type of guitar appealing to me I guess..I tried to make this particular guitar sort of match one of my others, with a natural wood finish, maple & rosewood fingerboard & black headstock..

Attachments

• IMG_3560s.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3562s.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 12
Back