Birthday Goodies: 56k=busy signal

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
So, my 20 year old son flew up from Modesto, Ca this weekend, & while he was here decided to make me a guitar amp, from scratch, from an Altoids tin, then, to boost the highs, he decided to build me a crossfeed circuit out of a smaller Altoids tin.

The thing is, it actually sounds pretty cool.  It's completely clean, no disto, & flat, but if I want to plug in during my lunch time at work, I can without anything else.

Pics now, clips later, gotta buy an adapter.

DSC00401.jpg

100_1003.jpg

100_1000.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

100_1001.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

COOL!

My dad doesn't play guitar, so all I ever get him is a box of golf balls and a sweater. I'd say you're doing a whole lot better.

Man.... totally out of the box.... and I thought that Altoids were for givin' frosty's to the ol' lady... HAH!~~ Now I got a reason~~ SAVE THAT TIN~~

Was thinking how that amp might be.... with an elastic band holding it to ya arm (or leg), ie, total self containment.

hhmm, don't mean to sound like an idiot, but how do you go from the guitar to the amp, if its all 1/8 inch plugs?

Sir? SchmoopY said:
hhmm, don't mean to sound like an idiot, but how do you go from the guitar to the amp, if its all 1/8 inch plugs?

Look at the pics, Radio Shack 1/8" -> 1/4" mono plug adapter

spauldingrules said:
Hey, someone kidnapped Wolfgang Van Halen!!!

Although EVH preceeds me by about 10 years, my Son preceeds WVH by about 5.
My son is not a musician, but loves all the technology behind it, & he's also a sculpture artist, and he draws very well.

jackthehack said:
Sir? SchmoopY said:

Look at the pics, Radio Shack 1/8" -> 1/4" mono plug adapter

i got four, for some reason i didn't think it would be that easy.

Back