best Raw neck woods for Neon Pink bodies?

I love my canary/canary neck ... but if you're worried about orange streaks clashing there's a good chance you'll get them with canary.
FWIW the streaks look great against my candy tangerine strat body!

A jet black ebony 'board will match anything and look great, and you could have the headstock painted to match the body while leaving the neck raw. That way, you can pick any neck meat that turns you on since for the most part it won't be seen.

Cagey said:
A jet black ebony 'board will match anything and look great, and you could have the headstock painted to match the body while leaving the neck raw. That way, you can pick any neck meat that turns you on since for the most part it won't be seen.

I'm not for sure, but I don't think Warmoth will paint or finish a raw headstock only without doing the rest of the neck with it.  Ask =CB= why his Goncalo Alves neck is finished.

Why not get an all maple neck and have it painted Neon Pink to match? This is an exact match, you could wear it while you played:

neon-pink-and-baby-pink-netted-tutu-skirt-2615-p.jpg

and don't forget these to complete the look:

furry-cyber-u.v.-rave-leg-covers-hot-pink-836-p.jpg

That thing is already a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Why worry about color matching, unless you're afraid it will lessen the impact of the obnoxious body.

Super Nigerian Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
We saw this at the guitar show a few years ago.

P1060408.jpg

Is that a cheapy Dean?  I think I recall seeing those in retail stores in ~2001.

It think R6's, though I don't recall him having an affinity for Pink guitars.  It could've been the none-pictured pointy headstock, but lack of a Floyd makes it a dealbreaker.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Agwan, I did qualify it with if.

Pablo, the orange doesn't show up in the showcase or on the one in my house either.  It is dark drown with lighter brown and gray streaking.  With use, it darkens up everywhere.

Hey Gary,
I agreed with you about this the other day, but I was looking at giant boards of Wenge today at a local woodworking store, and they looked quite different than the Wenge I'm used to seeing and working with. They had orange in them, not unlike Cocobolo.

Back