Bass rigs

Wyliee

I know we have a few bass players here. Let's see some pants flappin' rigs.

Here's mine:
DSCN0149.JPG

Rack Rider power strip
Korg DTR-1 tuner
Raven Labs USIP
dbx 160A compressor
Stewart Audio World 1.2 poweramp

This drives two Accugroove Tri112 cabinets.  I've recently added an AXON MIDI device.  My main bass has a Yamaha MIDI pickup in it and the two allow me to use synth sounds. 

-Eric.

I don't have any pic's but my "bass" rig is pretty straight forward. 

Sure UHF wireless
Rack Rider power strip
dbx 160A compressor
SWR SM900 (bridged for headroom)
Sabine Rack Tuner

SWR Goliath III 4x10" + Son of Bertha 1x15"

Warwick Thumb 5 neck through (late 90's model before they started using ovangkol)
Warwick Streamer 5 bolt on (back up) Weird bass.  Bought it used and I've never seen anouther one like it. I think the body wood is Poplar.  It has a 8 piece Maple-(rosewood/bubinga?) neck and a Brass "Adjust a Nut I".  Sounds like a nice Jazz bass.

Wyliee said:

Here's mine:
DSCN0149.JPG

Rack Rider power strip
Korg DTR-1 tuner
Raven Labs USIP
dbx 160A compressor

This drives two Accugroove Tri112 cabinets.  I've recently added an AXON MIDI device.  My main bass has a Yamaha MIDI pickup in it and the two allow me to use synth sounds. 

-Eric.

Wow. This photo looks bigger than actual size Eric. 

Gregg Stewart said:
Wyliee said:

Here's mine:
DSCN0149.JPG

Rack Rider power strip
Korg DTR-1 tuner
Raven Labs USIP
dbx 160A compressor

-Eric.

Wow. This photo looks bigger than actual size Eric.   

" Things you never want to hear your groupie girl friends say!!!!!! " ...................hahahaahhahaahahh :laughing7:

Usin' and abusin' - Furman PL8-II power conditioner,Shure wireless,Ashly CL50 compressor,Korg DTR-2 tuner,Ampeg B15-S,Peavey MK IV head and 3620 cab(2x18&2x10).Fender fretless J supplies my signal.Most of the time I take the Ampeg cab and Peavey head.Where I play it's tight with 3 or 4 of us,and we've had another guitar player and a pedal steel player there,too.With 5-6 of us,I get the spot near the ladies room door.Got halfway pulled in one ni.......oops,sorry(kinda),that's another story. Ok,I dug out the camera.This configuration is lighter,and all I have room for.The fliptop head and the big cab are off to the left.

Attachments

• ampclubrig.jpg
    ampclubrig.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 580
terryblulite said:
Usin' and abusin' - Furman PL8-II power conditioner,Shure wireless,Ashly CL50 compressor,Korg DTR-2 tuner,Ampeg B15-S,Peavey MK IV head and 3620 cab(2x18&2x10).Fender fretless J supplies my signal.Most of the time I take the Ampeg cab and Peavey head.Where I play it's tight with 3 or 4 of us,and we've had another guitar player and a pedal steel player there,too.With 5-6 of us,I get the spot near the ladies room door.Got halfway pulled in one ni.......oops,sorry(kinda),that's another story. Ok,I dug out the camera.This configuration is lighter,and all I have room for.The fliptop head and the big cab are off to the left.
I remember those Mark IV heads being amazing in their day. Everybody had one.

The Peavey is pretty much a workhorse.But for 375 bucks,I don't have to haul a 35-year-old tube  head around and take a chance on damage to it.Sure ain't got the vibe of the fliptop,tho.I built two 6.3 cuft enclosures and may use the 18"s for PA subs. 

you guys ever check out this site? http://basstasters.com/
I like the fodera DI box a lot. Alot of these preamps on here sound real close. For bass what kind of power amps are ideal? I see Eden has some power amps but for a lot less money you can get other power amps with the same watts and ohm loads.

Don't have a picture handy, but I guess I'm just old school.  If it cant be done with my '66 Showman in a 1x15 cabinet... or possibly with a 2x15 extension (D130Fs) it just dont cut it.

I have a couple reference rigs:

* '67 Ampeg B15N flip top
* Eden WT800 head, used in combination with one or more of these - Avatar 210 Kappa Pro, Avatar 112B, Ashdown 110T
* SWR Super RedHead 210T

I hope to add a GK800RB and 115 cab in the future, and just maybe a Schroeder or Accugroove cab of some configuration to round out the reference room

all the best,

R

Man i kind roll with CB here but i play out a Sovtek Bassov Blues Boy 100 watt tuber and an Ampeg 410HLF. That thing will rumble your house down if you aren't careful. I also have a first year SWR Bass300 and an Avatar 210Delta and a 2x15 with Carvin speakers. I pretty much only ever use the Sovtek/Ampeg rig. This coupled with either my Warwick Thumb BO, Geddy Lee jazz, or my Marcus Miller jazz sounds terrific! If you couldn't tell i like jazz basses.... :headbang1:

WarmothRules said:
you guys ever check out this site? http://basstasters.com/
I like the fodera DI box a lot. Alot of these preamps on here sound real close. For bass what kind of power amps are ideal? I see Eden has some power amps but for a lot less money you can get other power amps with the same watts and ohm loads.

Yeah, Todd is just up north in the Seattle area.  They've done some pretty nice shootouts.

As far as power amps go, more clean power than you think you need is always good.  I go for very clean power amps and use my hands, the bass, and pre amp for coloration.

-Eric.

-CB- said:
You ever want to part with that bassov... just let me know

keep dreamin...i got it for $80 in perfect condition! it was a steal. these things are absolutely great! don't get me wrong, i want an eden or some other good solid state head but you cannot beat the fullness tubes make!

Back